How can women get hernias
Hernias are often caused by being overweight or doing heavy lifting, coughing, or straining. A woman may get one while pregnant. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-can-women-get-hernias ]
More Answers to “How can women get hernias“
- Can women get hernias?
- Yes. Women can get hernias. Type of hernias that is common in women are femoral hernias. These are the ones located near the groin fold.
- Do women get hernias?
- Yes. Women get all the same types of hernias with varying frequencies.
- Can woman get hernia?
- Men, women and children can all get hernias.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Question regarding inguinal hernias in women..?
- Q: For those of you ladies who have or have had an inguinal hernia, what were your symptoms- and can you be very descriptive because Im a little confused. I was told I have 2, one on each side. Ive had 2 surgeries for pain that I was told was sever endometriosis and adenomyosis. Ive spent a fortune literally on these excision surgeries and the last doctor said I have these 2 hernias. Im wondering now if the pain Ive been experiencing has been the hernia on the left all along. I dont even know how I got them. I was always in good shape, worked out, eat well I cant think of any trauma that would cause a hernia however I have pictures of them and they are there. Im aware that males have testicular and groin pain but Im not certain as to women? Thanks alot..
- A: Yes, about 5 per cent of inguinal hernias are in women. You can find women with this problem if you search the ehealth forum.
- I have some ? about hernias with woman.?
- Q: I know that that this is going to sound strange. But can a woman get a internal hernia like a man can? If they can how do they check for hernias on a woman? And if a woman did have a hernia how would she know? What are some of the symptoms of a hernia? And also How are the removed? I am just wondering on all of this I have been having severe pain and my hubby thinks that it may be a hernia so any ideas or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance
- A: The stomach is a large, bean-shaped organ that receives food and fluids after they are eaten. Normally, the stomach is located below the diaphragm in the abdomen, and food is partly digested in the stomach, then passes into the small intestine. However, the stomach may move upward through the diaphragm or become clogged with undigested material._______Bezoars are tightly packed collections of partially digested or undigested material stuck in the stomach or other parts of the digestive tract. Foreign bodies are small ingested objects that can also get stuck in the digestive tract and sometimes perforate (pierce) it. __________Hiatus hernia is a protrusion of a portion of the stomach across the opening in the diaphragm that the esophagus normally passes through. Protrusion of any structure in the abdomen through the diaphragm (the sheet of muscle that separates the chest cavity from the abdomen) is called a diaphragmatic hernia. The diaphragm has an opening that the esophagus normally passes through (the hiatus). A diaphragmatic hernia that occurs through this opening is called a hiatus hernia. The cause of hiatus hernia is usually unknown, but the condition is more common among people who are older than 50, who are overweight (particularly women), or who smoke. Other types of diaphragmatic hernia may result from a birth defect (see Birth Defects: Diaphragmatic Hernia) or from an injury._________The excerpts above are from sources below respectively…it does not appear to be a gender specific disorder.
- Breast Cancer Questions..?
- Q: Following the American Cancer Society’s guidelines for the early detection of breast cancer improves the chances that breast cancer can be diagnosed at an early stage and treated successfully. false true ——————————————————————————–Question 6 Developing a hernia is more common in women than men. True False ——————————————————————————– Question 7 PMS occurs only in females who: are tired and do not exercise regularly have high hormone levels who are taking birth control pills who are ovulating or who are in the first days of their menstral period ——————————————————————————–Question 8 A high caffeine intake can affect PMS symptoms. True False ——————————————————————————–Question 9 African-American men are more likely to develop prostate cancer and die from it than Caucasian or Asian men. True False ——————————————————————————– Question 10 This surgery, called ____________removes all or part of the breast and sometimes the surrounding tissues. mammogram lumpectomy mastectomy malignant benign ——————————————————————————–Question 11 Hernias are more common in men because when the testicals descend through the inguinial canal, the opening of the canal does not close completely. True False ——————————————————————————– Question 12 A risk factor is anything that increases a persons chance of getting a disease. Which of the following is not considered a risk factor for breast cancer? family history of breast cancer not having children people who breast feed their babies drinking alcohol ——————————————————————————– Question 13 Risk factors for PMS include: vitamin B deficiency, family history and age of 30 previous signs of anxiety and family history vitamin B deficiency, family history and age of 15 -19 pregnancy and vitamin B deficiency ——————————————————————————–Question 14 Prostate cancer usually displays several symptoms in the early stages of development. True False ——————————————————————————– Question 15 Which warning sign(s) of breat cancer should be reported to your doctor? a new lump in the breast the nipple becomes inverted change in the size or shape of breast all of the above ——————————————————————————– Question 16 The menstrual cycle has how many stages? 4 28 2 5 ——————————————————————————– Question 17 Prostate cancer typically: grows slowly begins with small changes that may go unnoticed occurs in very young men choice 1 and choice 2 only ——————————————————————————– Question 18 Breast Self-Exam (BSE) is an important defense in the early detection and prevention of breast cancer. BSE should be performed: once a year at the beginning of your menstrual cycle in the middle of your menstrual cycle a few days after your menstrual cycle or the same time each month ——————————————————————————– Question 19 “Press firmly to learn what your breasts feel like. A firm ridge in the lower curve of each breast is normal.” This step for BSE is not done unless you think you might have a breast lump. false true ——————————————————————————– Question 20 Biopsy is surgical procedure to check for: mammograms hernias endometriosis cancerous cells ——————————————————————————– Question 21 The release of progesterone causes: ovulation menstruation the build up of endometrium maturing of the ovary ——————————————————————————– Question 22 Between the ages of 20 and 39, women should have a clinical breast examination by a health professional every 3 years. false true ——————————————————————————– Ques
- A: 5. True6. Generally false – men get inguinal hernias a whole lot more than chicks. Gotta say though chicks get more femoral hernias than men.7.who are ovulating or who are in the first few days of their menstrual period8. True9. False10. mastectomy11. True12. drinking alcohol13. vitamin B deficiency, family history and age of 3014. False15. all of the above16. 417. choice 1 and choice 2 only18. a few days after your menstrual cycle or the same time each month19. false20. cancerous cells21. ovulation22. true (at least)