How do you know if your guinea pig is pregnant
Early signs are increased diet, by week 5 weight gain, and by week 7 you can feel the babies kicking, by week 10 she has babies. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-know-if-your-guinea-pig-is-pregnant ]
More Answers to “How do you know if your guinea pig is pregnant“
- here are signs that your guinnea pigs pregnate . When guinea pigs are pregnant their nipples don’t start to enlarge until the last few days and labour, so you shouldn’t have to worry about her being pregnant. It would have been careless for…
- Do you have other guinea pigs? I’d assume by “them”, it means you do. If one is male and the other is female and they’re in the same cage, then by all means you will one day have more guinea pigs than you started out with. It mig…
- Guinea pig’s are usually pregnant between 50-70 days. It is hard to tell to at least a few weeks before birth. She will start to drink & eat a lot more than usual but this can sometimes be hard to notice. She will become noticeably big …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do you tell if your guinea pig is pregnant?
- Q: I bought my guinea pig from a breeder when she was 3 weeks old. When we picked her up she was is a cage with her father. We’re very worried that she might have gotten pregnant from him. We’re not sure if she is or isn’t pregnant, but we think she is very young for it if she is pregnant. Does anyone know how to tell if she is or isn’t pregnant? Can anyone give us any insight on what she would look like if she was pregnant? Please help us.
- A: Reproduction and BreedingPregnancy and delivery are difficult for guinea pigs. The babies are born large, fully furred, and ready to run. The mother generally carries several pups and her weight may double, putting stress on her circulation system and other organs. Even with the best care, sows can suffer from dystocia, hypocalcemia, a prolapsed uterus, or pregnancy toxemia. For the health and well-being of your beloved pet, do not breed!Near the end of her pregnancy, Dutchess (a rescue) could barely move. She delivered 6 pups in a back-to-back pregnancy. Thanks to mmercedesmom for the photos of Dutchess. If you have accidentally purchased a missexed pair of guinea pigs and the sow is pregnant, remove the boar immediately. A sow that has just delivered can become pregnant soon after giving birth. A male guinea pig must not be present during the birth for this reason. Back-to-back pregnancies are extremely hard on a female cavy and not advised.
- how do you know if your guinea pig is pregnant?
- Q: i was away from home and when i came back and checked on them my guinea pig rosie looked larger. I dont know if she is just fat or she is pregnant.ps: when i grabbed her stomach she squeeks
- A: Do you have other guinea pigs? I’d assume by “them”, it means you do. If one is male and the other is female and they’re in the same cage, then by all means you will one day have more guinea pigs than you started out with.It might be advisable to visit a veterinarian. They can find out if she is pregnant, and if so, they can give you advice on how to take care of a pregnant piggy.
- How do you know whether your Guinea pig is pregnant, what early signs will she show if any?
- A: look for it gaining weight… being sleepy i guess… You’d get better answers if you posted this in pets – general pets.