How many pounds are you supposed to gain when you are pregnant
How tall are you? How much did you weigh before you got pregnant? Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-pounds-are-you-supposed-to-gain-when-you-are-pregnant ]
More Answers to “How many pounds are you supposed to gain when you are pregnant“
- How many pounds are you suppose to gain by the time that you are …?
- It varies. If you are super skinny, your doctor might want you to gain more. If you are overweight, your doctor might want you to gain less. Also, your body really decides. I am overweight and was when I fell pregnant. I asked my doctor to …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- how often are you supposed to get a sonogram during the pregnancy?
- Q: I’m not high risk or anything, but my last sonogram was around the18-20th week, but that was to check for any abnormalities…when am I supposed to get a regular sonogram again to check how many pounds the baby is and how long he is? I’m 25 weeks and 3 days. people have told me that I look like I’m about 7 or 8 months not 6.I started aout at 93 pounds before I got pregnant, and now I’m 120 ounds… I’m 5ft 1in tall….I feel like I’m gaining to fast..and to much…either that or my baby is going to be a big baby…
- A: AS MANY AS IT IS NEEDED….it is “ABSOLUTELY SAFE” and the gift in era of MODERN obstetricsIt had NO HAZARDS to mother/babyRoutinely we perform Sonogram as follows1) as soon as the lady misses period…to dignose pregnancy whether present or absent2) to locate pregnancy- Intrauterine or EXTRA UTERINE3) For calculating “GESTATIONAL AGE ” of baby….most accurate when done upto 8-10 weeks….4)Single or TWINS/.Triplets!!!for above reasons it should be as early as after missing period 5)18-20 weeks anomaly scan…BABY’s all system develops upto this age…later on only increase in size and weight of baby…so detect any ANOMALY6) If doctor feels…growth of baby is less/more …amniotic fluid(WATERS) less or excess…and sooooooooo many other obst causesBetter to trust your doctor and sonogram as advised by him.
- How would you react?
- Q: If you have been reading up on pregnancy and seen the amount that were to gain is approx 25-37 pounds(http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/eatingfortwo.html)And you went to see one of your many doctors that farm you in and out and the guy tells you you’ve already gained all that you’re supposed to have gained for your entire pregnancy at 24.5 weeks, when you’ve gained just 20 pounds and had a healthy BMI and muscle tone before getting pregnant???I’m so extremely frustrated at how callous medical “professionals” can be!
- A: Do you feel healthy? Sounds like you do. So don’t pay any attention to the insensitive comments of a MALE doctor who has no clue what it’s like to carry a baby. Grrr! That makes me mad. Like you’re not dealing with enough right now, with your changing body and emotional roller coaster. This is why I chose a midwife instead of an MD. A woman who has been there and looks at the PERSON instead of numbers and statistics. I was 5’5″ and 145 lbs with a BMI well within normal range (although 10lbs heaver than I usually am) when I got pregnant. I am 40 weeks pregnant and weigh 180lbs. That’s a 35 lb weight gain. You have probably gained only half the weight you will gain. I know I was at about 20lbs gained at at your stage. One thing that your doc might be concerned with is first pregnancies are more prone to gestational hypertension or preclampsia. You are at higher risk with the more weight you gain AND it being your first baby. My midwife said the only thing she wanted me to do as far as my diet goes: rarely eat fast food and don’t carb-load. I listened to her about the fast food thing (pretty much cause fried food gives me heartburn) but other than that, I eat whatever I want, when I want. I do walk every evening….but that’s so I’ll going to labor soon since I am due! You keep your head up sweetie and don’t let those comments get you down on yourself. A pregnant body is a magnificently beautiful thing.
- BABY SURVEY! JUST FOR FUN :)?
- Q: 1.WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?*no2.WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?*nope3.WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?*shocked, worried, excited4.WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?*never5.HOW ABOUT ADOPTION?*didn’t even consider it6.HOW OLD WERE YOU?*177.HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?*I was feeling nauseous out of no where so i decided to take a HPT8.WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?*my friend Susannah, then my fiance9.DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?*yes but i was already pretty sure it was a boy10.DUE DATE?*May 5, 200911.DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?*throughout the entire pregnancy :(12.WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?*sour candy and salty foods13.WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?*pretty much everyone14.WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX?*it was a boy15.DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?*nope. i wanted a little boy :)16.HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?*34lbs17.DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?*I was supposed to but my fiance’s grandmother died the weekend it was going to happen 🙁 r.i.p18.WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?*I knew about it19.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?*no20.WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?*NFRMC21.HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?10.5 hrs22.WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?*my fiance23.WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?*my fiance, my grandmother, my best friend Malath, my fiance’s mother, and my fiance’s sister24.WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?*natural25.DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?*i had an epidural26.HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH??*8lbs even27.DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS???*no. he scored a 9 on the apgar28.WHAT DAY WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ON?*May 7, 200929.WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?*Quentin Alexander Edward Roberts30.HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU GAVE BIRTH?*1831.HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?*14 weeks & 1 day old
- A: 1. Nope, not planned. But welcomed. 2.Not married. 3.Shocked, scared, angry at the father because of his reaction, and happy. 4.Abortion was not an option for ME. His father is another story. 5.Adoption is a great choice for some. Not the right decision for me. 6.18 when I got pregnant. 19 when I had him. 7.I wasn’t feeling like myself so I took an hpt and it came out positive :)8.I told my roomate first because she was with me. The dad was second. 9.Yes. I wanted a boy and got a boy 🙂 although a girl would be just as good. 10.Due date: July 26 200911.I had a little bit of “all day sickness” in the first few months. 12.I craved weird things like sponges and dirt. Vitamin deficiency I suppose. 13.Ummm…his father irritated me the most for sure. 14.Boy15.Nah. I was so happy with a boy. 16.I gained 26lbs. 17.I did have a shower. My mom threw it :)18.I knew. 19. I had a low placenta and had to have contractions stopped twice. Once at 32 weeks once at 34 weeks. 20.I gave birth at the hospital. So cal. 21.Was in labor for 48 hours. 22. My mom drove me to the hospital. 23.Natural. 24.No pain medicine. 25. Suppose to be 23. My mom, grandma and best friend watched. 26.He weighed 6lbs 8oz27.He had jaundice and couldn’t breathe well. 28.June 27 2009. Almost 4 weeks early. 29.Trevor. My son has two middle names too :)30.I was 19 when I gave birth. 31.he is now 6 weeks old.