How many years are elephants pregnant
An elephant’s gestation period lasts about 22 months (630-660 days), the longest gestation period of any mammal. Thanks! ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-years-are-elephants-pregnant ]
More Answers to “How many years are elephants pregnant“
- Elephants are pregnant for at least 22 months which is almost 2 years. They can first become pregnant at the age of 13.
- An elephant’s gestation period lasts about 22 months (630-660 days), the longest gestation period of any mammal. Thanks! ChaCha
- 22 months; nearly 2 years.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Interesting Facts?
- Q: If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva. For example, if strong-tasting substance like salt is placed on a dry tongue, the taste buds will not be able to taste it. As soon as a drop of saliva is added and the salt is dissolved, however, a definite taste sensation results. This is true for all foods. Try it!The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itselfHumans are the only primates that don’t have pigment in the palms of their hands.Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.It’s possible to lead a cow upstairs…but not downstairs.Dogs have four toes on their hind feet, and five on their front feet.The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.A cockroach will live nine days without it’s head, before it starves to death.The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the males head off.Butterflies taste with their feet.Elephants are the only mamals that can’t jump.Starfish don’t have brains.Polar bears are left handed.A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.An ostrich’s eye is bigger that it’s brain.The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.Snails can sleep for 3 years without eatingPorcupines float in water.Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.A male emperor moth can smell a female emperor moth up to 7 miles away.A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into to shark’s stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.Ten percent of the Russian government’s income comes from the sale of vodka.The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” uses every letter in the alphabet. (Developed by Western Union to Test telex/two communications)The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is “uncopyrightable”.Stewardesses’ is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.”I am” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321If you spell out consecutive numbers, you have to go up to one thousand until you would find the letter “a”Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better than men.Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all invented by women.The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the “American Pie.” (Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades – King David; Clubs – Alexander the Great; Hearts – Charlemagne; and Diamonds – Julius Caesar.Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.Pearls melt in vinegar.Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil.If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of its mouth.Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach’s contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.If NASA sent birds into space they would soon die; they need gravity to swallow.Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building, it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realise what is occurring, relax and correct itself.Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards, and are on the Australian coat of arms for that reason.The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in aircrashes.Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive.Cat’s urine glows under a black light.A shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.A rat can last longer without water than a camel.To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs – it will let you go instantly.If you toss a penny 10000 times, it will not be heads 5000 times,but more like 4950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom.Babies are born without kneecaps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2-6 years of age.The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.Coca Cola was originally green.40% of McDonald’s profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.Every person has a unique tongue print.The most common name in the world is Mohammed.Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.The youngest Pope was 11 years old.Einstein couldn’t speak fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he might be retarded.Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.Sherlock Holmes never said “Elementary, my dear Watson”.In “Casablanca”, Humphrey Bogart never said “Play it again, Sam”.A ‘jiffy’ is an actual unit of time: 1/100th of a second.Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom SawyerThe mask used by Michael Myers in the original film “Halloween” was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.James Doohan, who plays Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott on Star Trek, is missing the entire middle finger of his right hand.All of the clocks in the movie “Pulp Fiction” are stuck on 4:20.Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.During the chariot scene in ‘Ben Hur’ a small red car can be seen in the distance.The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.Every day more money is printed for monopoly than the US Treasury.The city with the most Roll Royces per capita: Hong KongPercentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%Barbie’s measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33Cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of 11: £4000Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down – hence the expression “to get fired.”The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the “General Purpose” vehicle, G.P.The term “whole 9 yards” came from WWII fighter pilots in the South Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got the “whole 9 yards.”The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.The US Interstate road system was designed so that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.The cruise liner Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of fuel that it burns.A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn’t give her coffee.The dot over the letter ‘i’ is called a tittle.Most lipstick contains fish scales.Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn’t wear trousers.Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicineYou can tell from the statue of a mounted horseman how the rider died. If all four of the horse’s feet are on the ground, he died of natural causes. One foot raised means he died from wounds suffered in battle. Two legs raised means he died in action.
- A: Very good. Just a few errors.A duck’s quack does echo. It;’s just an urban myth that it doesn’t. I know. I’ve heard it.The words borange and hurple rhyme with orange and purple. Look them up if you have a very good dictionary.Statues of horses and how many legs are raised do not necessarily tell how the riders died. There are several in London, at least thirty, that have hooves raised with riders who died of natural causes. Another urban myth I’m afraid.Interesting list though.
- 101 Unbeliable facts you didn’t know.?
- Q: snail can sleep for three years.All polar bears are left handed.Butterflies taste with their feet.Ants never sleep.Owls cannot move their eyes because their eyeballs tubular in shape.A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length.A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.Tapeworms range in size from about 0.04 inch to more than 50 feet in length.A baby bat is called a pup.A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.German Shepherds (dog) bite humans more than any other breed of dog.A female mackerel lays about 500,000 eggs at one time.The animal (insect) responsible for the most human deaths world-wide is the mosquito.The biggest pig in recorded history was Big Boy of Black Mountain, North Carolina, who was weighed 1,904 pounds in 1939.Snakes are immune to their own poison.Cats have more than one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.A shrimp’s heart is in their head.It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.Hydra – an aquatic creature is the only living creature that never die. It regenerates, replacing its cells with fresh ones.Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump. In the animal kingdom, the animals that fart the most are the elephants.Lions, leopards, tigers, and jaguars are the only species of cats that can roar; but they can’t purr.Entomophagy is the scientific name for insect eating. There are more than 1,450 recorded species of edible insects. Many species of insects are lower in fat and higher in protein and have a better food-to-meat ratio than beef, lamb, pork, or chicken.Foods & DrinksCoca-Cola was originally green because of fresh cocoa leaves.Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil. Strawberry is the only fruit with its seeds on the outside. All other vegetables must be replanted every year except two perennial vegetables; Asparagus and rhubarb that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons.Games & SportsThere are 366 dimples on a golf ball.There are 318,979,564,000 possible ways to play first four moves, per side, in chess.Playing cards in India are in round shape.Boxing is the only sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the winner until the contest ends.The biggest badminton shuttle in the world can be found on the lawns of the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum, in Kansas City. It is 48 times larger than the real thing. This shuttle is 18 feet high and weighing 5,000 pounds.Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history. Spades – King David, Clubs – Alexander the Great, Hearts – Charlemagne, Diamonds – Julius Caesar.GeneralThe most common name in the world is Mohammed.The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start with.Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car.HistoryIf a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.Mao Zedong of China never brush his teeth in his lifetime. When Elizabeth-I of Russia died in 1762, there were 15,000 dresses in her closets. During World War II, the Japanese used shark liver oil in the engines of their fighter planes.J. P Blanchard, a Frenchman, is credited with having been the first person to use a parachute. In 1785, from a balloon high in the air, he dropped a dog in a basket to which a parachute was attached. Blanchard also claimed to have descended from a balloon in a parachute in 1793.Human BodyRandy Gardner of San Diego is the longest person who has gone without sleep for 11 days in 1965. He broke the record of Peter Tripp of New York, who settled a record of 8.5 days without a wink. The fingernails grow faster on the hand you favor. If you are right-handed, your right fingernails will grow faster, and vice versa. The middle fingernail grows faster than any other nail.Usually right handed people utilize left side of brain for all their conscious, voluntary activities. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.Women blink nearly twice as much as men!The women who snore are at an increased risk of high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease than men.You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath.It is impossible to lick your elbow.Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.An average person eat 60,000 pounds of food in his lifetime.
- A: WOW!!! that’s so cool!!!!!!!!!!! only knew a few of those facts! and some of them were really surprising! (like the one that says you can’t kill yourself by holding your breath – hadn’t really thought about it before, but now i do…it seems kinda obvious…and green coke just sounds gross!!!) 😛