If you take prenatal vitamins when you are not pregnant will it make you gain weight
Prenatal vitamins are vitamins.The big difference is they have more of the key vitamins that the growing fetus needs (folic acid, zinc) and more of what helps mom not feel so bad. Taking them while not pregnant will not have any adverse side effects. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/if-you-take-prenatal-vitamins-when-you-are-not-pregnant-will-it-make-you-gain-weight ]
More Answers to “If you take prenatal vitamins when you are not pregnant will it make you gain weight“
- Does taking prenatal vitamins make you gain weight if you are not…?
- No, prenatal vitamins do not contain anything to make you gain weight. It is a multivitamin formula that usually has plenty of folic acid & iron for a growing baby. Many take them when not pregnant -it is recommended to start them prior…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- O my holy goodness!?
- Q: Ok so me and my significant other suspect that i am pregnant. I am 17 he’s 17. He will be 18 in march and i in July. If i am pregnant then i will be around 7 months when i turn 18. I have friends that could take me to the doctor and i can also go so my parents never find out. But i know that if i tell them then they would send me to an all girls school and not let me have the baby. I want the baby too.This came a little more expected then we anticipated. We have been together for a long time and have talked about this before and we are planning on getting married in September. Looks like a little one will be on its way then as well. Is it possible to keep this a secret till i am 18. I am not a very skinny girl any ways. Not fat but not skinny so it would just look like i have gained a lot of weight. and also any prenatal vitamins you can get over the counter that wont make you really sick?When i say parents i mean my grandfather by the way. I have no mother and no father. my gpa is a jerk and used to beat me when i was younger. he has told me before that if i got pregnant he would send me to an all girls school till i was 18 and i wouldn’t have the baby. He does not approve of my boyfriend either and doesn’t know we are planning on getting married. We have kept our relationship a secret for a long time. I am in an upheaval of maddness right now. AcK!
- A: there is nothing anyone can do to force you to give up your baby, it used to be where parents could take their little girl to an abortion clinic and even if she was screaming and crying, they would perform an abortion. now, when you go to an abortion clinic, they make you see as psycologist, and even if you seem a little bit like you dont want one, they wont give you one. i would say hide it as long as possible, and go to planned parenthood. if youre under 18, all thier services are free, and they WILL NOT tell your parents. they will give you advice, and prenatal care. (this is very important!) by the time your 7 mos youll be showing alot, so the chances of you hiding it til then arent very high. however, in a few states if the girl is pregnant, they allow a marriage under the age of 18 without parental consent. do some research and find out if your state is one of them. if you get kicked out, there are houses available for pregnant teen mothers that will help you get on your feet, and help you get all your medical care paid for. dont give up! if you really feel that you want to keep your baby, dont let yourself be pressured into giving it up. its not the end of the world, youll be ok. congrats and i wish you happy pregnancy and birth.
- husband thinks im not doing everything i can for our baby?
- Q: sorry its so long but thanks in advance to those that read it.this is our first child and i have had a hard time with morning sickness. well it was actually 24/7 sickness for me. well here is the timeline to help you understand the situation bettermarch 14-found out i was pregnant with home testmarch 19-had first visit, was told i was 6 wks and 6 days pregnant.march 27-first day of morning sickness. was sick 24/7 and couldnt keep anything down at all, not even water or saltine crackers.April 20.-had lost 9 lbs. doctor wasnt completely concerned but said i shouldnt lose that much again when i come back.May18.-had lost 2 more lbs. doctor said everything was fine and that he was glad i had only lost 2 and not 9.June 11-had ultrasound done and i had not gained or lost any weight so the doctor said that since my weight leveled out, i should start noticing weight gain by my next apptJuly 9-had only gained 1 lb but doctor said everything was fine, the baby was healthy and the right size. somewhere in between the april and may appt is when we figured out it was my prenatal vitamins that was making me sick so we switched them and thats when the morning sickness kind of went away and thats why i only lost 2 lbs. so i was sick from my 8 week to my 14 week. well now the morning sickness is completely gone except for the occasional nauseaous feeling and i pretty much eat like i normally did before i was pregnant. my stomach is noticeably bigger so i thought i had at least gained like 4 or 5 lbs b/c my jeans dont even fit anymore. i eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and inbetween snacks and take my vitamins everyday so getting all the nutrients the baby and i need, im just not gaining the weight. well my husband thinks that im not eating enough and that i need to eat more b/c 1 lb in his opinion was not enough. but i keep telling him that everytime i eat, i eat until im full, i dont just take a couple of bites and stop. he’s says i need to eat more. but i tell him if i keep eating after im full, i will throw up. he just doesnt seem to understand b/c the whole time i had that sickness, he kept telling me it was all in my head and that i made myself sick and that i could control my throwing up and stuff. and when i tell him that it makes me feel like he thinks im not doing enough, he always says, well you are doing something right b/c she’s healthy and the right size but still, in my opinion 1 lb is not enough and you need to eat more. i understand that 1 lb is not alot but at least i gained it and didnt lose it. i am only 22 weeks so i have time to gain weight between now and my due date. its not like im due next week and only gained 1 lb the whole pregnancy. i know he is worried about our baby b/c it took us a year and a half to even get pregnant but im trying to get him to understand that im doing everything i can possibly think of. anybody had their husbands act this way when they were pregnant?no im not overweight. i am actually really small. i am 5’0 and weighed 127 before i got pregnant. went up to 131 at first appointment then went down to 120 after sickness.
- A: Yeah, my husband use to say stuff like that, and finally my hormones got the better of me one day and I told him off. It went something like this:”Well I am so shocked to hear that you are such an authority on how much weight I should be gaining, I mean my doctor is not concerned, but obviously you have some better training…or have you been reading up on line and going to all the chat rooms…no, well you must be reading books that tell you I am not doing things right! Or heard something at the last doctor visit that i didn’t, oh wait you weren’t there….Listen up, if the doctor is not concerned I am not concerned, I do read about this online, and I have read books, and as far as I can tell the only thing you are an expert in is pissing me off! So unless you can have this baby for me, I suggest you shut the hell up and try and offer me a back rub, or a nice dinner, or something useful, rather than telling me yet again how I am screwing up, because guess what, it’s not helping!!!”After that my husband became a lot more sensitive to my needs, offered to go to every appointment with me, cooked special dinners for me, asked me if I was hungry and if I wanted anything special. It turned out he felt left out of the whole pregnancy process, and was just trying to somehow be a part of it. You know the old saying those that can’t do…teach? Well he couldn’t be pregnant so i guess in his own way he was trying to take charge….it will get better. You might want to let your husband in on the fact that right now at 22 weeks the baby just hit the one pound mark! It’s not like you have a 10 pound baby in you right now!Don’t worry, I started gaining serious weight around week 28. From week 1-28 i was up a total of 4 pounds, then in 28 I jumped 10 pounds in less than 2 weeks. Then 5, then 8, then 2…it was erratic. I ended up 48 pounds heavier by week 41. Then I had the baby and within 2 weeks of delivering i was in my old pants, only 9 pounds up. That is the bonus of having it really all be baby weight, when the baby comes out, the weight goes away.
- Loss of appetite and no morning sickness?
- Q: Hi! I’m 7w5d pregnant! The last couple of weeks I have had a good, healthy appetite. In fact, if I missed a meal I felt sick. I was eating 3 meals and 2 snacks as the Dr recommended. However, the lat couple of days I have lil to No appetite. I just don’t feel hungry. I still get nauseous and shaky if I don’t eat, so I force myself to eat. However, I’ll eat like half a container of yogurt or take no more then 4 bites of oatmeal or whatever I’m eating and i feel so full that I will be sick. I really only want to eat one meal…lunch. And even then its not till late afternoon, like around 2 or 3pm. Dinner? i don’t get hungry for…and last nite I ate half a hamburger patty with cheese..no bun and I was full. Even then it was nearly 8pm before I even ate that. Yet the Dr wants me to have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. I try to eat, as I need to in order to keep my prenatal vitamins down… I wouldn’t say its morning sickness so much as I only feel sick due to not eating. But, when i do eat i am literally packed, in turn making me feel sick. Its a no-win. I never puke. With my daughter I didn’t experience this prob till the 3rd trimester, and it as because she was taking up so much room. But this is only my 1st trimester so the baby isn’t that big yet. I am constantly thirsty…even suffering from dry mouth. I live off juice and water. I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow morning and am wondering if this is something i should be bringing up as a concern or if this appetite loss is normal..even without being sick. So I guess my question is should I be concerned this early on? Is it something i need to bring up to my Ob tomorrow? Any of you suffer from this early on? Any advice on what I can do so i still get my adequate nutrition? If it helps I’m 25, this is my 2nd pregnancy. I was on a diet before becoming pregnant, and lost 22-25 pounds, but was still between 190-196 upon getting pregnant. My last appointment I was 204, but Dr said it was fine as I had prob gained some weight before actually getting pregnant and I never knew. Because of my weight I’ve never had an issue eating, though I have started eating better. Even before becoming pregnant. I don’t know if any of that matters but wanted to share it in case it helps in answering my question. Thanks!
- A: Loss of appetite is completely normal, even when you don’t feel nauseated. And even this early on. The only concern I would have is whether you, as mommy, is getting the nutrition you need. If you are taking a multi-vitamin, your baby is most likely fine. But mommy needs some lovin’ too!Every pregnancy is different, so don’t bank on this experience being just like the first. I would bring it up with your doctor tomorrow because he might have some good suggestions for keeping yourself healthy.