Is it safe a spray tan while your pregnant
I definitely do not recommend spray tanning during pregnancy. If you want to be brown, use a self tanner like Safe Tan. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-safe-a-spray-tan-while-your-pregnant ]
More Answers to “Is it safe a spray tan while your pregnant“
- According to Baby Med, sunless tanning such as spray or lotion tanners are safe during pregnancy , although it is recommended that pregnant women should wait until after their first trimester . These tanners stain your skin rather than bein…
- My best friends parents have owned a tanning salon for as long as I can remember. You can do spray tanning, just make sure you wear a mask. The chemicals are all water soluble and they aren’t harmful to anyone who is NOT pregnant, so they w…
- Spray tans are primarily made out of dihydroxyacetone (DHA), which is a simple carbohydrate ingredient in sunless tanning products. Dihydroxyacetone is often derived from plant sources such as sugar cane, and it is not a harmful chemical to…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it safe to get a spray on tan and dye your hair while pregnant?
- Q: I am getting married in two weeks, I wanted to dye my roots and get a spray on tan but is it safe since i am 8 weeks pregnant?
- A: AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT USING A BLEACH ON THE ROOTS YOU SHOULD BE FINE. I GOT A SPRAY TAN AND MY HAIRCOLORED OFTEN WHEN I WAS PREGNENT AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE. BUT STILL BE ON THE SAFE SIDE AND ASK THE DOC. GOOD LUCK!!
- Can you go tanning in a tanning bed while pregnant?
- Q: I live in Nebraska which as you can probably guess isn’t exactly hot and sunny during the winter. I had a nice healthy color to me for the first time in awhile and I’m already loosing it and I HATE looking so pasty. Is it harmful to the baby if I go tanning in a tanning booth? I would do a spray tan but not only do we not have a good spray tan place around here but I hear they look splotchy after a few days. i have not been in a tanning bed in a couple of months. Mainly because I found out that I was pregnant (not with this baby) so I didn’t go, but I lost that baby and am now expecting again. Once again I have NOT been to one since I’d say September. I know you have to be careful about your core body temp getting too high because you can literally “cook” your baby but I was wondering if I went for only abut 10-15 minutes or before I started to feel hot it it would be safe. I’m already getting pretty pasty seeing how i wasn’t that dark to start with but I don’t want to let my tan go away completely, and those tanning lotions that make you dark just make me look orange if I don’t have a base tan going already.
- A: I wouldn’t recommend it because there may be after effects of tanning in a tanning bed that may harm the fetus. Spray tanning may be an option but I wouldn’t recommend it because of the possibility that chemicals could harm the fetus as well. If you are suggesting spray tanning, be very careful not to get the spray tanning in your system. So avoid the obvious areas such as the mouth, eyes, ears, nose, etc. I will just say that it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Self tanner during pregnancy?
- Q: Is it safe to use self tanning lotions during pregnancy. I am an Irish girl, but I can actually get a decent tan in the summer. However, I am trying to avoid too much sun exposure during pregnancy because your skin is so sensitive to the sun while pregnant.It’s been a few months with no sun and I am getting pretty pasty!! Just wanted to know if it’s safe to use a self tanner or even to go get a spray tan.Thanks everyone! Looked it up in my pregnancy book too and it says it should be fine….Woo hoo for no more pasty white skin!
- A: I would avoid the fumes of a spray tan, but I use self-tanner and I used it in my last pregnancy, too. My doctor said its fine.