What antibiotics can a pregnant woman take
In pregnancy, the best antibiotic to use is the one prescribed by an obstetrician. Stay healthy and ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-antibiotics-can-a-pregnant-woman-take ]
More Answers to “What antibiotics can a pregnant woman take“
- Should a four-month pregnant woman take antibiotics?
- An infection is potentially more hazardous to an unborn child than are some of the antibiotics. Your doctor should be told that you’re pregnant and then he/she can select an appropriate course of treatment.
- Can a 2 month pregnant woman take any antibiotics for a painful a…?
- Yes, you can. It is more important to have the abscess treated with root canal therapy though. Antibiotic treatment is not a cure all for oral infections. All antibiotics can cause stomach pain. And clyndamicin is rarely used for infections…
- Can be a woman got pregnant while taking antibiotics acne??
- Antibiotics don’t have any contraceptive effect , also some certain antibiotics such as Tetracycline that is useful for acne treatment have side effects on development of bone and teeth in unborn child , infants and young children
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Brown discharge for few days after taking antibiotics & birth control. Could i be pregnant? no missed period?
- Q: Ok bear with me and please read all. so me and my bf had unprotected anal sex on March 31, that was 2-3 days after my period ended. Then, the rest of the month of April was normal where I was on birth control and I got my period on time more or less (ever since I’ve been on the pill it’s been fluctuating from 28-30 day cycles) and i got mine on the 30th day, so it was nowhere near being a week late for a missed period. So, the whole month of April is fine until the 2 weeks ago I get a yeast infection and I had to take antibiotics, but I was taking the antibiotics and birth control at the same time. Now, 5 days ago I started getting this brownish discharge, which I thought was dry blood but I’m still not sure what it was and it lasted LESS THAN 3 days. 2 days ago, I checked my underwear and there was yellow-white discharge ( i thought it may be from the yeast infection). My question is could I be pregnant even though I had anal sex on March 31 and not again since then? I had my period last month in April which was basically on time so there was no missed period. What does this brown discharge mean? I heard some women can be pregnant and still get their period for a few months but I haven’t missed a period and have not had any sex since March 31 and that includes not having sex since taking the antibiotics. I’m just afraid maybe some sperm found its way into my vagina from the anus but i doubt it cuz my bf let go on the bed not in me. Please no comments saying that antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of birth control, I already know that and that’s not an issue because I haven’t had sex since taking the antibiotics medicine or since March 31. Please help. Thanks
- A: No, it doesn’t sound like you are pregnant. It sounds more like this could be a symptom of being on the antibiotic at the same time as being on the pill (an example only).However, I would recommend seeing your doctor for further evaluation of the situation to see what they say.
- i am pregnant and have a horrible tooth ache. what can i take?
- Q: are there antibiotics thatare safe for pregnant women
- A: TOOO late for the pill
- were you on birth control when you got pregnant?
- Q: If so, I’d like to know what kind. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen, and it seems like a LOT of women have gotten pregnant on it. I took my pills every day at the same time, never missed one, never took antibiotics while on the pill, and now I’m going on four months pregnant. It only says 98% effective for a reason…I know I can’t be the only one. Do any of you have SURPRISE birth control baby stories?
- A: Oh, yes, I can relate to that. Our children were 18, 15, and 12 and I had been on birth control pills for 11 years when I found out I was pregnant. I can’t really say what kind I was on, that was soooo long ago, but Ortho Tricyclen does sound right! I had been having some stomach trouble and my doctor diagnosed me with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. When I went in for my yearly physical, she did my pelvic exam and commented on how my cervix felt like I was pregnant. We both had a good laugh over that one (haha) and she explained that several things could cause my cervix to present as pregnant. But…just to rule it out first, I had to pee in a cup to have a pregnancy test done. I nearly fell naked off the exam table when the nurse brought in the positive pregnancy results. My doctor was still not convinced I could possibly be pregnant and decided to use the fetal heart beat monitor. Shock was registered on her face as well as mine when we heard that baby heart beat as clear as a bell. The pills had caused me to continue to have periods so we had no idea how far along I was. She sent me for an ultrasound and it was totally unbelievable that I was already 17 weeks along and I had NO clue what-so-ever that I was pregnant. So, now we are parents to 4, ages 27, 25, 22, and 9. Our oldest is married and expecting our first grandbaby next month. A unique family to be sure, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. It keeps people guessing when we all go out together – you can see the wheels turning trying to figure out how we are related! Doesn’t make it any easier that our oldest daughter and our surprise baby daughter are spitting images of each other.