What are the most unknown united states laws
In Florida: The state constitution allows for freedom of speech, a trial by jury, and pregnant pigs to not be confined in cages. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-most-unknown-united-states-laws ]
More Answers to “What are the most unknown united states laws“
- What are the most unknown united states laws
- In Florida: The state constitution allows for freedom of speech, a trial by jury, and pregnant pigs to not be confined in cages.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What does the pro amnesty intend to do about this Mexican border region is experiencing raising crime rate?
- Q: The federal government acknowledges that the United States-Mexican border region has been experiencing an alarming rise in the level of criminal cartel activity, including drug and human smuggling, which has placed significant additional burdens on Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies The U.S. border with Mexico extends nearly 2,000 miles along the southern borders of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. In most areas, the border is located in remote and sparsely populated areas of vast desert and rugged mountain terrain with vast open water of the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific oceans.The U.S. government admits that the border´s vast length and varied terrain poses significant challenges to U.S. law enforcement efforts to control the entry of individuals and goods into the United States.The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is the federal agency with primary responsibility to detect and prevent illegal entry into the United States. The latest available data indicates that approximately 11,000 CBP agents patrol the nearly 6,000 miles of international border the United States shares with its neighbors Mexico and Canada.While the Southwest border hosts robust legal commercial activity, the border also is the site of violent criminal enterprises. These enterprises are carried out by organized criminal syndicates of Mexican/American cartels, gangs and international terrorist which include the smuggling of WMD’s, drugs, humans, weapons, and cash across the U.S.Mexico border.With the latest available government static’s reporting that during 2005, Border Patrol apprehended approximately 1.2 million illegal aliens; of those 165,000 were from countries other than Mexico. Of the non-Mexican aliens, approximately 650 were from so called special interest countries. Special interest countries are those “designated by the intelligence community as countries that could export individuals that could bring harm to our country in the way of terrorism.” Global Terrorist And Drug Trafficking Cartels area significant portion of illegal activity at the border that relates to illegal drug smuggling. The triple plus threat of drug smuggling, illegal and unknown crossers and rising violence are the reality facing communities. http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/52402
- A: the same thing we always do: either catch and release (not talking about fishing) or arrest them, try and convict them in our court system, jail them for 5-25 years, deport them so they can come back new and improved criminals thanks to our outstanding penal system.
- I asked a question about gun laws in the USA last night…?
- Q: And got completely kicked in the gut for making some pretty naive statements about gun laws in America, which i know little about. So i am going to refine my question and re-ask it.I understand there are strict laws concerning guns and the right to hold a firarm in USA, but why are there so many shootings all the time? Obviously the argument “Guns dont kill people, people kill people” is obvious, but there must be a reason OTHER than mentally ill people cracking and killing. How do teenagers get hold of guns and ammo? Why do SMALL CHILDREN know how to hold use a gun? Gun violence in the United States is associated with the majority of homicides and over half the suicides.In 2005, almost eight young people aged 19 and under were killed a day in gun homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings in the United States. In 2006, 48 per day were non-fatally wounded.2 The scourge of gun violence frequently attacks the most helpless members of our society – childrenIn 2005, 81% of murder victims aged 12 to 24 years old were killed with a firearm.Eighty-five percent of youths under age 18 who died by firearm suicide used a family member’s gun, usually a parent’s. gun in the home is 11 times more likely to be used in an attempted suicide than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.As of 2004, there were approximately 283 million privately owned firearms in the U.S — 40 percent of them handguns.In 1998 alone, licensed firearms dealers sold an estimated 4.4 million guns, 1.7 million of which were handguns.4 Additionally, it is estimated that 1 to 3 million guns change hands in the secondary market each year, and many of these sales are not regulatedIn 2005, 30,694 people in the United States died from firearm-related deaths – 12,352 were murdered; 17,002 killed themselves; 789 were accidents; 330 died by police intervention, and in 221, the intent was unknown. In comparison, 33,651 Americans were killed in the Korean War and 58,193 Americans were killed in the Vietnam War.In 2004, firearms were used to murder 56 people in Australia, 184 people in Canada, 73 people in England and Wales, 5 people in New Zealand, and 37 people in Sweden. In comparison, firearms were used to murder 11,344 in the United States.Sourced fromhttp://www.bradycampaign.org/Now my REAL question here is:How do these statistics decrease? What changes can be made to stop the gun violence?(This is not a personal attack on America, I was researching the highest number of Gun violence in the world and America was the first in the Developed Coutries. I would’ve asked the same question concerning whatever country was #1.
- A: This is just my opinion I base my answer on me.Legal weapons are responsible for far less deaths and injury than illegal weapons.Most weapons the criminals use cannot be bought except on the black market.The crimes are easier to solve because the legal guns are for the most part registered.Your statistics do not state how many deaths and injuries come from which source ie,legal/non legal weapons.Looking at your statistics death and injury by firearms total appears to be less than annual traffic accident totals.39,252 in 2005.http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspxIn either case considering the millions of guns with private ownership and millions of vehicles on the road the number of deaths are not statistically outstanding.The amount of gun violence is bad but given we have over 300 million people in the US the numbers are relatively low.
- Do you agree With Charlie Daniels on Illegal Immigration?
- Q: A Nation of Laws or Not?Since when did the United States of America become a nation that enforces certain laws on its books and ignores others?When did we become selective in those we prosecute in breaking our long established laws?I can tell you when. When we elected a bunch of power hungry, reckless politicians and yes that unfortunately goes right into both houses of Congress and 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, I’m sorry to say.On the one hand we put people in prison, and rightfully so, for breaking and entering. Yet we let illegal aliens break and enter every day on our international borders.The politicians claim that a bill giving amnesty to unknown millions of illegals would be good for the economy of our country, that they take jobs that Americans won’t do. That they work for lower wages and that should sendan undeniable signal right there who wants this legislation. Big business can dilute the labor market, bring wages down and finish the job started by NAFTA and moving their manufacturing plants out of the country that buys thebulk of their product.The only other group who would benefit are the politicians who are salivating over the new voters they can pick up. It could well be the death of an effective two party system, yet many of the republicans are going along as naive as sheep being led to slaughter. Which in effect they are.Just how long do you think that these millions of new citizens are going to take the low paying jobs when they find out they can make a living accepting the entitlements the politicians will be willing to lay at their doorsteps?Can you say welfare state?All these greedy politicians want to do is stay in power, the hell with the American economy, the hell with the small businessman and the hell with what most of the people who pay the bills in this country think and want.Do you think that Ted Kennedy suffers when the economy goes south? Do you think he worries about crime in the street? Ever hear of the Kennedy compound in Hyannis, Mass?A word of warning, some very powerful politicians, including the President, are determined to pass an immigration bill one that in my opinion, could well change the United States from the world’s last super power to anotheralso ran. One who does not enforce it’s laws and invites anybody who wants to come on in and help break America.The only thing wrong with the laws we have on the books now is that our elected officials refuse to enforce them.So what makes them think we’d trust them to enforce a new set of immigration laws, even bad ones?Well I don’t know about you but I’m mad and I’m not going to forget which way my Congressmen and Senators vote. In Tennessee we have one Senator and several Congressmen who will have to go through an election this coming year and I’m going to make sure that I’m in a voting booth to let my opinion be known.I would strongly advise you to do the same thing.Pray for our troopsWhat do you think?God Bless AmericaCharlie DanielsJune 15, 2007
- A: I totally agree with him, kick all illegals out of OUR country, they come over here and do nothing for us but take jobs that Americans should have, and when people say well Americans dont want them, prove it, they send all their money back to Mexico to their families and take the money out of OUR economy. Then they come over to the USA with no skills, no English, nothing, and yet we treat them like first class citizens, we all have to learn a different language to make them feel wanted. I mean if I was to go live in a different country I would have to learn their language and a way to support myself without taking money away from that countries ecomomy, so why is it Mexicans get a free pass when they come across the border, and they can do whatever they want? and even commit crimes and drive, I have to take tests to drive, Jose and Maria come across and it seems like they have one already waiting for them …..for the love of all things sacred get illegals out of OUR country..