What happens when you take birth control and you’re already pregnant
There have been very few studies of birth defects from taking birth control while pregnant. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-when-you-take-birth-control-and-you%27re-already-pregnant ]
More Answers to “What happens when you take birth control and you’re already pregnant“
- What happens when you take birth control and you’re already pregn…?
- There have been very few studies of birth defects from taking birth control while pregnant.
- What happens if you take birth control while you’re pregnant alre…?
- taking birth control in early stages of pregnancy should harm the baby. If you find that you are pregnant however, stop taking it. and as far as the skin clearing part. your body goes threw changes while pregnant. so you may break out or cl…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do you know when you’re ready?
- Q: Hi! I’ve asked a bit about this kind of thing in the past, but I’d like to ask how you knew you were ready to start trying for a family? I really do want kids, but I’m really scared about the complete change in lifestyle. Some people say when you get pregnant, you’ll be in love with the unborn baby and you’ll just become ready, but how do you know for sure? Once you are pregnant, you have no choice but to go through with it. What if you aren’t able to deal well with the change? This conversation came up with my fiance this morning, only because I brought up the subject of going off the pill in the hopes of losing some of the side effects it has. I said we could start using another form of birth control and he said “Well why bother, let’s just not and see how long it takes to get pregnant.” He figures since it might take a little while to get pregnant anyway, we might as well start trying now. (We have spoken with doctors in the past and there’s a good chance we will need to have some kind of “help” getting pregant due to a condition my fiance had when he was born.) Anyways, I know I want kids, but now that he’s said he’s ready, it’s like this big Green Light over my head that’s scaring the crap out of me! I’m so afraid I won’t have time for “me stuff” and I’ll be unhappy or regret it.FYI, we’re both 31, been together for nearly 9 years, getting married in 3 months, both have good jobs, already have our own home, but it’s not really big enough for a baby. Or not for long, anyway. He says even if we happened to get pregnant tomorrow, we have 9 months to prepare and find a bigger home if we needed to.Am I just over-worrying?
- A: Hi J,I think you’re worrying too much and stressing yourself out. Think about it this way: you have been together for a long time, you’ve had plenty of time to enjoy life as a couple, you’re mature enough to be getting married and are financially stable and settled in your careers. THAT’S what most people worry about when they think they’re not ready for kids, and you already have all of those things!From what I hear, having children changes your life forever, but in a wonderful way that we non-mothers can’t even begin to understand. Nobody is ever REALLY emotionally ready, you become ready when you are pregnant. I have been having the same doubts and wonders, especially because I am not a child person, although I definitely want kids in the next couple of years. And my mom told me that you become ready once you have a life growing inside of you, that is the ultimate symbol of the love you and your husband share.Relax!!! Everything will work out. It sounds to me like you’re plenty ready, start trying (don’t go all crazy with ovulation kits and such at the beginning, just stop using birth control and see what happens naturally) and try not to freak out too much. Best of luck to you in this amazing adventure! =)XO,M.
- I am pregnant, scared, confused, and need help..?
- Q: Ok, here’s the story … I am asking here because I really don’t have any unbiased people I can speak with.. and I really love this network because there are so many people who answer that genuinely care, and can empathize what I am going through. … Basically I just found out about a week ago, and kinda figured I was for about 3 weeks prior.. spotting, constant hunger, and extreme thirst for water (not usual at all for me)… Now it’s not that I’m too young (at least in my opinion), I am 23.. it’s not that I am single, or unemployed.. I have a common law husband, full time job, car and a decent rental house, it’s not like a baby is going to break the bank for me.. I’m happy, I’m fine … But I ALREADY have two children! My son is five, and my daughter 18months.. I don’t think I can handle another yet. And yes.. plain stupidity for all of you who care to say .. “Should have been safe.” “Have you heard of a condom?” So on and so forth… I used the pull out method.. OK.. please do not give me grief about that.Here’s where for a few moments I sound like a completely selfish human being (though I am sure many have run this through there minds in similar situations).I really hate being looked at like I am too young to have children.. I despise it sooo much. I don’t know why, I am usually not one to care when it come to how others view me. I know I was too young when I had my son.. stupid and in love, NO REGRETS. My daughter.. she was not planned, NO REGRETS. Both children enriched my life, my husband is so grateful for our daughter, he’s a new person.. I don’t know where I would be without them..But I don’t want people to see me and act pitiful.. “oh too bad you can’t go out, you have kids. Worn out, pathetic mom who doesn’t know how to use birth control.” And who’s to say I don’t, maybe I wanted to have all of them, planned and tried.. we all know here that’s not the case obviously.. but who are they to assume that of me? I know they do, my father gives me grief about it all the time; my mother is always saying she really wishes I had a chance to be young and free; people at work think it’s crazy that I have two; people on the street see me with them and think I am the older sister, or young aunt. I get so many dirty looks. I don’t like people looking down on me, thinking I am stupid. I don’t know if I can handle the amount of judgment that would be coming…. Beautiful Boy, by John Lennon … “Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans..” I am a strong believer in letting things be, living life one day at a time, taking everything life throws at you in stride. I am not a spiritual person (I would like to think I am but I don’t really have time to be), I am pro choice on abortion (every situation is different), I see myself as a new age individual.. dressed up in working disguise. Nobody really sees me for who I am, and I am misjudged a lot. … You know, when I found out I was pregnant for sure, I was shocked.. I didn’t know what to think or do. The next day, I could not concentrate for the life of me at work. Until lunch, I sat down a wrote out a letter to myself, somewhat of a journal entry.. and I began to feel happy. I can feel the life inside me, no doubt. I didn’t get excited, or anxious.. I became calm. And I hadn’t really thought about it much until Thursday at work.. I was having lunch and one of my co-workers sat down to join me. Somehow my kids came up, I stated I had the two 5 and 18months.. and he commented on how he thinks it’s crazy that people so young will have children. Then I started getting worked up again.. how will I tell people, what will they think or say?? Really, that is my main concern here. It’s stupid, it really is.. How can I be so selfish?!The hardest person to tell will be my husband. He will go absolutely nuts. He went nuts when I told him I was pregnant with our daughter.. we hardly talked for the first few months (he actually thought I did it on purpose to try and swindle him out of his money, that he didn’t have.. to make him never leave me – ya, it hurt). He stresses about everything, and I come to find he really hates change. I can’t fully explain his nature. What I do know is that I am deathly terrified of what he will say. I think he will ask me to abort.. and part of me wants him to.. so I can blame my decision on him if I do (awful, I know).What I really want though is for him to pretend it’s great, act excited.. the way a husband is supposed to act when he’s told he’s about to be a Daddy. He doesn’t think before he says something, and I know when I tell him I won’t be happy with the response. I’m starting to cry just thinking of it. We do want another baby.. but it was planned for 4 years down the line.. when we have our own home, and my husband is running his own restaurant, not just managing the kitchen of someone else’s. At a time, when we can afford to buy all new of everything. He grew up with high class parents..I grew up on welfare.. I appreciate the smaller things in life.. Buying a used product that’s like new at a good price is satisfying to me. I’m happy with my rental home. But, he’s more practical than I (as most would say).I guess what I am trying to ask here, is for some help figuring out if I am in the position to have another baby? Should I abort? Should I discuss that with my husband, or make up my mind and then tell him? If I decide to keep the baby, how should I tell him?Maybe I am being selfish in wanting to keep the baby. I loved being pregnant.. it’s wonderful… being a vessel of life. It’s what we were created for. The battle here is.. “Is it more wrong to abort, or to keep a child when you really don’t think your up for the challenge?” — that should have been my question.
- A: Wow that was long. You seem really intelligent and intellectual….personally I would really consider abortion. but!! that’s not right for you, like you said… “and part of me wants him to.. so I can blame my decision on him if I do”It has to be totally up to you, it’s your decision and I think you’re smart enough to know your limits. I’m the same way, I’m pro choice for abortion and I think in some cases you have to man up and take on the responsibility but after a certain amount of children it starts putting stress on the already existing children too…. that’s going to be a lot of little tykes running around smudging paint on the walls and bonking their heads on tables ;(
- PREGNANT?! What do you think?
- Q: …already posted this but “I want more input then I was getting..Now I know the obvious signs of pregnancy, but I wanted to know if my signs sound like signs to you.First of all, I haven’t missed a period yet, I had one about 3 or so weeks ago, although I have heard you can have one in the beginning OR if you’re sensitive (and I am) you can start feeling pregnancy pretty quick after you conceive. SO signs-Cramps as of about 5-6 days ago, I’ve never had cramps for any reason more than 3 days before my period. This is about a week and a half before my period :/ They aren’t bad, but noticeable. Feels almost like I should start my period but then I don’t.-Not “frequent” urination but all of a sudden full bladder. And when I do go to the bathroom its A LOT of urine.-Lots of white, creamy, not smelly discharge-Mood swings-Achy body (not terribly bad, manageable)-Almost “flu-like” symptoms-Waves of nausea-Tired, and dizzy spells/lightheaded-The past few days, a few good (intense) headaches.-And I’ve always had a ‘pregnant woman’s nose” but if it counts, sensitive to smells.My boyfriend (of 3 good years) and I ALWAYS use a condom and it has never broke or fallen off. I’m not on birth control either. We aren’t trying to have a baby, but if it happened it wouldn’t be a bad thing either. So I know it isn’t stress from that angle. And I’m probably more relaxed now than I have been in the past, so I don’t think stress is a huge factor. I have bought pregnancy tests, took one (negative) but I think it’s still too early–well obviously is haha. I’ll take another one if I miss my period. I just want to know other woman’s ideas on the early signs, if it happened to them. OR if anyone has gotten pregnant while using a condom the right way. Or at leased I believe we have. Also, I had a PAP about a month ago that came out clean and no other partners have been thrown in so I beleive STD’s can be ruled out at this point. Anyhow, sorry for the book. Just curious.
- A: Congratulations