What is the probability of getting pregnant while on birth control
It depends on the method used. With oral contraceptives (used perfectly) the failure rate is women in 0.3 percent. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-probability-of-getting-pregnant-while-on-birth-control ]
More Answers to “What is the probability of getting pregnant while on birth control“
- What is the probability of getting pregnant while on birth contro…?
- It depends on the method used. With oral contraceptives (used perfectly) the failure rate is women in 0.3 percent. ChaCha
- What is the probability of getting pregnant while on the birth co…?
- You should ask your doctor or pharmacist about your specific medication, but no temporary birth control is 100% effective.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are the chances or probability of getting pregnant while on birth control but taking an antibiotic?
- Q: I am on and have been taking Tri-Sprintec for birth control.But I also take an antibiotic (Doxycycline) for acne.I heard that being on an antibiotic increases your chance of getting pregnant even if you’re on the pill.Can anyone vouch for this statement? Does anyone know the probability of getting pregnant while on both of these?
- A: Taking antibiotics does reduce or wipe out the effectiveness of birth control. That is why most doctors tell their patients to use condoms if on antibiotics. Also, if you do happen to become pregnant, any tetracyclines can cause serious birth defects so you need to stop them immediately.
- what is the probability of getting pregnant on your period on birth control?
- Q: i had sex on the 3rd day after having my ring out for my period. does the ring keep working while you are on your period?
- A: the probability is low , but possible. I think it does keep working as long as it is in.
- What is the probability that I could have became pregnant if I had sex 5 days after period ended?
- Q: Here is my situation… I am 34 years old and NEVER have been pregnant nor taken birth control. I have been trying to conceive for several months now and have been unsuccessful. For about a year, I have been pretty regular with my periods, usually 27-30 day cycles. Well, up until 2 months ago… I was late and didn’t start until day 38. Then last month I was late again and didn’t start until day 42 (Which is VERY unusual for me). Well I had sex on the day my last period ended. Then again 5 days later after period ended. Well, that was 5 days ago, and I have had ALOT of cervial mucus this week, which has been getting thicker over the past 4 days. And I noticed last night while getting comfy in bed that my breast were just a tad bit sore… not ALOT but enough to notice.My question is… since my periods have been off, this means ovulation could be off correct? And if so, what is the probabilty that I could have gotten pregnant?
- A: Very likely. I am now 17 weeks preggo. I got preggo about 5 days after my last period, AND i was on the pill. Up until I was pregnant I was on the pill on and off (mostly on) for almost 10 years.