What is the purpose of a ‘period’
A period (aka Menstruation) according to many Physicians, marks a womens failure to become pregnant during her reproductive cycle. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-purpose-of-a-%27period%27 ]
More Answers to “What is the purpose of a ‘period’“
- What is the purpose of a period?
- “During puberty, hormones are released from the brain and stimulate the ovaries. The ovaries produce estrogen and progesterone, hormones that cause the eggs in the ovaries to mature so the woman can become pregnant. Every month, one eg…
- What is a temporary partnership set up for a specific purpose for…?
- A syndicate is a temporary assoc of individuals or firms organized to perform a specific task requiring a large amount of capital.
- How to skip a period on purpose?
- Unless you are on birth control there is no way to skip a period on purpose. When your body has a period it is naturally cleaning itself out. If you are having problems with your period check with your doctor.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- To Swim Or Not To Swim In School?
- Q: I spent years in a school for kids with disabilities that did not have a pool. When I transferred back to public school a little over a year ago, I was in the assumption that swimming wasn’t a requirement at all. Now I have been told that in a week or two, we’ll have to take three whole weeks of swimming, now that the pool has been repaired (from what I don’t know). At my school, refusing to participate results in a -10 for your overall quarter grade. You cannot do any alternatives or make it up in any way. Last quarter, I skipped two days so I didn’t have to deal with square dancing, and that lowered my grade from a 90 to a 70, in just two days! That seems a bit unfair to me. No other class has that kind of punishment. If I refuse to swim, I will not graduate this year. I don’t know where New York State law states that swimming is a requirement. Many schools don’t even have a pool. I wish we didn’t have one either, but my school just loves to spend money. Just recently the school has bought a huge an expensive theater-like auditorium and a new football field, as well as many other things. Now, I for one do not wish to participate in swimming. My gym period happens to be 2nd period. For swimming, I would have to change into swimsuits, revealing parts of my body I don’t want to be seen. I am incredibly self conscious about my appearance. I am not even comfortable in public without a hoodie. I can’t stand to wear just shorts or just a t-shirt. If anybody sees me without a shirt, it’s just going to be another reason for everyone to make fun of me. Then, you have to take the time to partly dry off and strip naked, which I’ve never done in a locker room, and never will. And for the rest of the day, I’ll have smell of chlorine, and with dry, itchy skin. Another horrible part for me is that because of my incredible self consciousness, I never go out in public without straightening my hair. I have to go to the lengths of showering at night, waiting until dry, and straightening, to then straighten as a touch up every morning. There is no way for me to somehow dry and re-straighten my hair in school after swimming. It would require the time to blow dry and straighten, taking a period’s time for me. I’ve spent so much planning and working my way for college. I want to graduate. I want to go to college and major in Computer Engineering. I don’t want to wait another year to endure another year of Hell. People may say to just get over it, it’s not worth it. Well, I don’t think like that. I like to question. Why must I swim in school? Why can’t I perform other physical alternatives? Why does swimming matter so much that it can fail me? Many other kids like to participate in Gym but even participating in any activity is difficult enough without this. I don’t even understand the entire purpose of P/E. My physical well-being is my choice. I always suffer at others hands when my physical ability is not quite on par with everyone else’s expectations. And just like all expectations, it lies room for judgment. I place physical fitness low on my chart of priorities. I go to school only because I need it to further my education in something that actually, and truly, matters to me. It becomes apparent that the only way to get out of it, is if you have a legitimate excuse from a Doctor. If it comes to it, I’ll have to make a reason on my own for a Doctor to sign an excuse It doesn’t seem like I have many choices anymore.Yep.. tis a long rant of mineI don’t. How is everyone supposed to be like you?I already know how to swim. I even have a large pool. I just want to have the choice.
- A: mmm,Personally i think swimming is great!sometimes people worry way to much about things that arent really that bad.i know how you feel tho cuz i was like that too before i started swiming competitively.Anyways i say Swim, youll love it!its relaxing and nice, and better then running miles and being covered in sweat..As far as privacy,What you do is change inside a towel, thast how swim team people do it.You hold your towel over your body. like wrap it around your bodyThen you take off your clothes underneath it and put the suit on your body while the towel is still completly covering you. Then you changed wihtout revealing nething at all! put some lights shorts and a tshirt on over if you dont wanna just wear a swim suit until you get to the water from the lockerroom. but your suit hides things pretty well, depending on the suitThe physical aspect, swimming isnt that hard. its mostly technique if your not swimming competitions. And everyone is always bad unles they swim for a team. Plus P.E. its not like a team where you need to be good! Just have a good time and try and do whatever they ask!Oh and the smell, well no real way around that, just take something that smells good, take soap that you like and take a shower with it, With your suit on… for your privacy…Your hair,Wel put a cap on before you get in the pool, if you get a tight cap, it will barely let ne water in, ive seen girls swim competitions without even getting there hair wet.!but im sure it wouldnt be that bad if your hair got wet, it might even be a nice change of pace!As for the doctor’s note, i mean if you really think its that bad…but honestly its not as bad as you think…Good luck!