What medication is safe to take for a yeast infection when you are pregnant
Although antifungal medication is available over the counter, it’s not a good idea to try to treat yourself without seeing a Dr. If you do have a yeast infection, your Dr will give you an RX or a specific over-the-counter antifungal vaginal cream [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-medication-is-safe-to-take-for-a-yeast-infection-when-you-are-pregnant ]
More Answers to “What medication is safe to take for a yeast infection when you are pregnant“
- Is it safe to take azo yeast infection medication while your preg…?
- no!!!!!!! it is not safe! dont do that!! if you really want to get rid of yeast infection then you must follow these tips:･ 1) Eat yogurt!!!! It contains helpful bacteria (live cultures, including acidophilus and bifidus) that … ･ 2) Douc…
- What over the counter medications are safe to take to treat a yea…?
- Monistat and vagisil are on the safe to use list while pregnant
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is Diflucan Safe During Pregnancy?
- Q: Hello Everyone: I’m Posting This Question Because When It Comes To My First Baby, I’m Very Cautious And Emotional When I Hear Frightening Things. Well, On Monday (6-15-09) I Went To The Doctor To Get My GBS Test Done At 36 Weeks & 5 Days Pregnant. While Doing My Swabbing, The Doctor Asked Me, “Have You Been Irritated Any?” And I Responded, “Yes.” He Told Me, “Looks Like You Have A Slight Yeast Infection, I’m Going To Prescribe You Some Medication For It.” Hearing That, I Was Relieved Because The Irritation Has Been There For A While But I Thought It Was From Using Scented Body Washes So I Overlooked It. When My Visit Was Over And I Got The Perscription (Which I Couldn’t Read) I Went To Get It From A Local Walgreens. When I Saw What It Was, I Was Quite Happy Because It Wasn’t Anything Serious And It’s Something That’s Common In Pregnant Women. After Reading The Instructions Of The Medicine Carefully, I Took It. Later That Night, I Scared Myself To Death Because Of All The Horrifying Facts About Diflucan, Which Was Given To Me As The Generic Brand: Fluconazole, That I Researched On My Laptop. I Couldn’t Believe What I Was Reading! They Were Basically Giving All The Negative Facts About The Medicine. Even BabyCenter.Com Stated: “Oral Antifungal Drugs Should Not Be Taken During Pregnancy To Treat Vaginal Yeast Infections.” So That Was Even More Scary For Me. I’m Now 37 Weeks Pregnant With A Fully Developed Baby, I’m Just Afraid That When She Comes, Something Will Seriously Be Wrong With My Beautiful Baby Girl. It’ll Break My Heart To Know That She Could Have Facial Deformalities Such As Cleft Palate Or Not Have All 10 Fingers And Toes. I Would Be So Heart Broken Knowing That I Did All I Could Do To Have A Safe And Healthy Pregnancy, Only To Fail As A Carrier For A Newborn Baby Because I Didn’t Ask The One Question I’m Sure Any Pregnant Woman Would Ask, “Is It Safe?” But Looking At The Fact That A Doctor Prescribed It For Me, I Automatically Assumed He Knew What Was Best For Me…And My First Daughter KaLaYah. So I Ask, Is Diflucan (Fluconazole) Safe For Pregnant Women 36 Weeks And Over?I Would Appreciate All Your Answers. Thank You For Taking The Time To Read This And You All Be Blessed :-DAnd By The Way…If You’re Going To Say Anything About How I Capitalized All My Words…Don’t Bother Answering The Question At All. It’ll Save Me And Especially You…A Lot Of Problems.
- A: ask your doctor flat out “Is Diflucan (Fluconazole) Safe For Pregnant Women 36 Weeks And Over?”that will be so much safer then taking any other advise from anyone else.