What was thalidomide and the birth defect
Thalidomide was a drug used to treat morning sickness in pregnant women and caused birth defects back in the 1960s. As many as 12,000 children worldwide were born deformed, some with missing arms or legs. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-was-thalidomide-and-the-birth-defect ]
More Answers to “What was thalidomide and the birth defect“
- What was thalidomide and the birth defect
- Thalidomide was a drug used to treat morning sickness in pregnant women and caused birth defects back in the 1960s. As many as 12,000 children worldwide were born deformed, some with missing arms or legs.
- What birth defects does thalidomide cause?
- In 1961, doctors in Germany, Australia and Great Britain noted a significant increase in the number of babies born with severely malformed or missing arms and legs. These birth defects were traced to the use of thalidomide during early preg…
- Why thalidomide causes severe birth defects revealed?
- London, May 12 (ANI): Scot researchers claim to have unravelled the medical mystery that has left scientists scratching their heads for nearly 50 years: why thalidomide, a drug used to treat morning … Posted in Health Science, No Comments
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Should these historical facts be kept in mind every time the government or a corporation make any statement ?
- Q: Thalidomidehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide A “safe” drug that caused horrific birth defects There is no scientific proof that nicotine is addictive and there is no link between smoking and cancer ( at least not to the impossible standards of the tobacco company) Now with Monosodium glutamate ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_Glutamate But the manufacturer says there is no real problem or health risks 100 % of all deaths which occurred in Japan occurred as a direct result of the blast and no deaths resulted from the radiation — NONE that is what the US government told the public — Uh — yeah All you need to protect yourself from radiation is good gloves and just bury it really deep you will be fine http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/27/france-nuclear-tests-illnessOther sites exist for Canada the US and the UK who all conducted these tests ———————– Given the past performance of the government (world wide) the lies and evasions of the corporations and the for hire scientists and lawyers who all oddly agree with the person(s) writing their pay checks Why should I believe a dam thing they tell me now ?Microwaves from cell phones are linked to increased risks of brain tumors — but this is not to the standard of scientific proof that the cell phone companies require — sound familiar Depleted Uranium is not dangerous – and links to birth defects are not proof to our standards — sound familiar ?—————- Should all the lies and mistakes and so on be kept in mind when listening to any statement is made by a corporation or a government ? Or should we just all believe them as we have in the past because they wouldn’t do anything to place us in harms way ?
- A: O Hell yes!When I was in the Military, signal corp. We would take a whole, ready to cook, chicken and play catch along side of the Microwave antenna. Throwing the carcass in front of the antenna while the radio was sending. 2 or 3 passe’s and the bird was fully cooked. Total time in front of the antenna, flying through the air? 5 seconds. Don’t forget that Marijuana is a Dangerous Drug!!!