When is the best time to get pregnant and when are you most likely to ovulate
A woman’s fertile period during her menstrual cycle, lasts about a week: seven days before ovulation, the day of , and the next. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/when-is-the-best-time-to-get-pregnant-and-when-are-you-most-likely-to-ovulate ]
More Answers to “When is the best time to get pregnant and when are you most likely to ovulate“
- When is the best time to get pregnant and when are you most likel…?
- A woman’s fertile period during her menstrual cycle, lasts about a week: seven days before ovulation, the day of , and the next.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Trying to get pregnant( Need Help!!!)?
- Q: Can someone help and describe in detail when im most likely to ovulate.i have a 35 day cycle and sometimes its like 32 days. i dont see the change in cervical mucus( like egg whites) just like a cream texture and other times its very white and thick.I want to know when is the best time to have s*x(how should the muces look?)and when you just conceived, does it change and how?and how long after i conceived should i take a pregnancy test?
- A: People, if you’re going to perpetuate misconceptions, don’t answer. Please.You do NOT have to have a 28-day cycle to be normal.You do NOT have to ovulate exactly in the middle of your cycle.Now that’s out of the way.Your cycle is normally 35 days … so is mine! : )Some women don’t see EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) so don’t worry too much about that. When you do get some put it between your fingers and see how far it stretches. Seriously. I know that sounds gross but do it. If it stretches you can consider it ‘fertile cervical mucus’ and thus be fairly close to ovulation. The color doesn’t matter. YOUR fertile mucus could be white, gray, clear, yellowish, etc. Mine is almost clear with a while tinge to it.If it stretches, like I said, start having sex and don’t stop til it’s not stretchy anymore.It did not change when I conceived … it was normal for that part of my cycle. Aside from ovulation mine is generally clear and just wet. Very slippery. But yours might.You should wait at least til your period is due to take the test, but that varies too. I didn’t get a positive until two weeks after my period was overdue. So if it doesn’t come, keep testing.As far as when you’re most likely to ovulate, you can figure it a couple ways. Go with the average. If you want to do it that way, find out when most women with 35-day cycles ovulate. I generally do on day 18 or 19.Figure out your specific time. If you do that you’ll need to buy an OPK or basal thermometer. Use the OPK to detect LH, the hormone that signals ovulation. Use the basal thermometer to chart your temperature every morning and look for temperature signs. More info’s available EVERYWHERE online for how to do those things.Or guess by the dates. The average is cycle day 10-17 … really, anywhere in there. But keep in mind that it might be wrong FOR YOU. Like I said, I ovulate on day 18 or 19. To do that count from day 1 of your period, to day 10 of your cycle. Mark that on your calendar. Go down one week to day 17 of your cycle. Mark that. Now color in the whole week. That week, you should have sex EVERY DAY. The rest of the month, do it every other day. That way if you ovulate outside of that week, you might still catch it.I would recommend using the OPK or charting for two months. That way you can have two cycles to compare … some women even ovulate at a totally different time every month! If they are in the same week you can plan for that like above. If they are on the same day, great, now you know when you ovulate.Good luck!
- If you have unprotected sex and two days later get your period what are the chances you could still be preg?
- Q: I’ve heard that people can get pregnant and still have their period and I’ve also heard several differant times you are most likely to be ovulating if you don’t know your individual cycle. I’m curious if you can still get your period right after having unprotected sex and still be pregnant? And when is the best time to have sex in order to get pregnant?
- A: The best time for “most” women is about 14 days after their period. This is assuming the women’s cycle is 28 days in length. Now a women can be pregnant and get a period, or “spotting” in the beginning of their first trimester, but getting your period right after intercourse sounds like you were no where near your ovulation. For the most part, it is always possible to conveive anytime in a cycle, but it is not very likely you have. I would still test if you do miss your period just to be sure it just isn’t stress. Good Luck
- Question about sex…?
- Q: When you ovulate is when you are most likely to get pregnant, right? So if you were to have sex and you DON’T want to get pregnant wnen is the best time to do it? What week is your ovulation? Is it the week after your period or the week before????
- A: well really you should be using condoms but if not the best time is like 3 weeks after your period.