Why can’t you eat fish when you are pregnant
When you consume large amounts of mercury, your baby may suffer brain damage resulting in developmental delays. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-can%27t-you-eat-fish-when-you-are-pregnant ]
More Answers to “Why can’t you eat fish when you are pregnant“
- Why can’t you eat fish when your pregnant?
- Ok -I was so sad when I first heard this also. Just cant eat raw fish and any fish with high mercury levels. Here is an example; Children and pregnant women are advised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to avoid eating those fi…
- Is it safe to eat mcdonalds fish sandwich while pregnant?
- You can eat fish while you’re pregnant just stay away from shark. Recent studies have indicated that fish boosts your child’s IQ.
- Which fish are safe to eat while pregnant?
- It is suggested that pregnant women only eat small amounts of fish due to the harmful effects that mercury can casue. Small amounts of fish that is low in mercury is only suggested for pregnant women are fish like pollock, canned light tuna…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why cooked chicken scent causes pregnant women to vomit?
- Q: I would really love to know why most pregnant women can’t eat nor smell chicken without being nauseous and why some perfumes too. I realize that most women when pregnant can only stick to fish, vegetables or fruits when they are pregnant. it puzzles me. can you tell me why?
- A: There’s just something about pregnancy hormones that make women susceptible to all kinds of outer stimuli. When I was pregnant many things made me sick…the smell of hamburger cooking, the taste of toothpaste, bright lights, riding in a car, vitamins, drinking water, etc… some women are just more affected than others, and I’m really not sure why that is. I had nausea and vomiting throughout all nine months of each pregnancy. Most women have this problem clear up by month three. My mother never had a single day of morning sickness with her pregnancies…but her mother got as sick as I did. So who knows..? I’ve heard that pregnant women get cravings for things that their bodies actually need when they are pregnant, but if that’s true, it wouldn’t explain why everything that I craved that I ate made me vomit. I had to be hospitalized for dehydration…couldn’t keep even the meds they gave me for nausea down. I always looked so forward to giving birth: because I knew it would be the end of the nightmare…it’s like being on a ship and being sea-sick for nine months straight. Luckily, most women don’t have it that bad. I guess I was one of the unlucky ones.
- If abortion is murder, then isn’t a miscarriage unintentional manslaughter?
- Q: I’m asking this one more time with a bit of clarity. Last time people argued one is intentional and the other is unintentional. Please note UNINTENTIONAL manslaughter as the criminal charge and its relation to that of INTENTIONAL murder. Each has different elements. If you argue miscarriage isn’t unintentional manslaughter because it is unintentional – you can’t read.We now have punishment for the crime of unintentional manslaughter. If you miscarry, you unintentionally disallowed the embryo/fetus to continue to birth.If you want to go much deeper, one person said 60 to 80% of naturally conceived embryos are naturally flushed during menstruation. If that is okay – does only intent matter? If so, why is it okay to punish someone who was driving so carelessly that he or she could not stop in time to avoid UNINTENTIONALLY running someone over? If it is okay to punish him, then why is it not okay to punish someone who ate fish when pregnant and had a miscarriage?
- A: first lets have a REAL definition of “unintentional” manslaughter:Involuntary manslaughter, sometimes called criminally negligent homicide in the United States or culpable homicide in Scotland, occurs where there is no intention to kill or cause serious injury but death is due to recklessness or criminal negligence.Notice the last 6 words!”due to recklessness or criminal negligence.”So, if a person is pregnant and they do whatever they want, like snow skiing, water skiing, mountain biking or (insert any potentially risky behavior) and they have a miscarriage directly related to the risky behavior, such as: they fell down repeatedly while snow skiing or they kept falling off the water skis at a high rate of speed or they took several hard falls off of their bike, etc. Then I would think, yes they are liable and should be held liable for their actions. After all, it isn’t just her potential child, it’s the fathers as well.However, this all depends on the point, “If abortion is murder.”Once a fetus develops to a certain stage, then legally, abortion is murder. But, until that point, the dividing cells are not considered a fetus or a human even. If left alone, the cells may or may not develop into a human and the womb may or may not spontaneously abort the fetus on its own.tc
- Why doesn’t Britian repeal these stupid laws?
- Q: Most ridiculous British law:1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament (27 percent)If you are dead what are they going to do to you ? And who can control where they die2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down (seven percent)Treason seriously Treason it is a stamp I don’t pay attention when I put one on as long as it is on there 3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store (six percent) WHAT?4. Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day (five percent)Are you kidding why can’t you eat what you want in your home when you want 5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter (four percent)I would have to go to jail because I don’t let strangers in my house in this day and age they can kill you or rob you. I have not let people in my house who knocked on my door asking to use the phone because their car broke down. Sorry I see the news not getting in my house6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet (four percent)Ok not a woman but I saw how my wife had to pee when she was I kind of like this one7. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen (3.5 percent) Again What 8. It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing (three percent)9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour (three percent) WHY?10. In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow (two percentSo it is ok to murder him out side the ancient city walls. If I were a Scotsman I would not got York everhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071106/od_afp/britainlawsoffbeatthis is the article it came from was on the yahoo home page
- A: are you sure these laws are still active? they are very strange laws. they sound like their from the 16th century. I bet you they still keep them just like they still have a king and queen. they still want that glamour of a monarchy intact (even though they have no real power) I’m glad I don’t live there I don’t think I would be able to keep those laws straights. I would probably just stay home all day just to keep out of trouble. Oh wait, I’m not even safe at home-because someone could knock on my door to use the bathroom!!