Why do pregnant woman crave things
Cravings might be caused by changes in nutritional needs during pregnancy. The fetus needs nourishment And a woman’s body MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-pregnant-woman-crave-things ]
More Answers to “Why do pregnant woman crave things“
- Why do women crave weird things when they’re pregnant??
- Most of the time, when someone craves a particular food, it’s due to deficiencies in nutrients, vitamins or minerals. Being pregnant takes a toll on a woman’s stores and can make her crave some strange combinations of foods. Some go as far …
- Why does pregnant women crave stupid things?
- Your body demands so much more of you when pregnant and your cravings are typically a way of your body telling you what you need nutritionally.
- What are things pregnant woman cannot eat?
- Ask your doctor or google it.There is a list of what and what not to eat. As far as sushi goes, common sense dictates that raw fish is not the best meal choice to endulge on while pregnant (although I believe there are other forms of sushi,…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do pregnant women crave such strage things?
- Q: I’ve heard ice, the smell of shoes, jell-O… I’ve never known why.
- A: There is a rare condition called PICA that can cause people to crave strange things that are not food substances like paste or chalk. No one knows why….. Children, pregnant women and sometimes people who are mentally deficient get this condition.Pica is a medical condition typically defined as the persistent eating of non-food items for a period of at least one month. People with pica crave and eat materials such as dirt, clay, chalk, lead chips, laundry starch, dishwashing soap, chalk, burnt matches, and many other non-food substances. Some of these substances are poisonous.
- Why do pregnant women crave crazy foods?
- Q: Seriously! Pregnant women craze the oddest things. Like pickles with peanut butter or chocolate on their toast. At first I thought perhaps they just needed the specific nutrients found in these foods, but since they all crave different things…Perhaps it’s a mental something?That’s an interesting theory about morning sickness Anon. Does anyone else know what could cause morning sickness?
- A: It’s caused by a hormone change in her body due to pregnancy. Hormones can really make both men and women behave erratically and unpredictably. In pregnant women it affects their food desires. It usually calms down after the first few months of pregnancy.
- why does pregnant women crave stupid things?
- A: Your body demands so much more of you when pregnant and your cravings are typically a way of your body telling you what you need nutritionally.