What does it mean to have a fear of long words
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words. Of course if you have this fear you are afraid of the name for it. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-it-mean-to-have-a-fear-of-long-words ]
More Answers to “What does it mean to have a fear of long words“
- What is the fear of long words
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words
- Why is the fear of long words called hippopotomonstrosesquippedal…?
- its only appropriate that the phobia be a long word otherwise it’d just be funny. Nobody with that phobia will show up to a function in they’re neame with that name printed in the banners.
- What Symptoms Does The Fear Of Long Words Cause?
- breath to become short and breathe frequently irregularity in your heartbeat panic attacks the sufferer feel nervous This can also cause them to become unable to utter the simplist of sentences
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Fear of long words? Reliable information regarding?
- Q: Does anyone have much actual, reliable, referenced information on the fear of long words? At the moment, I’m not even sure of the proper term for it. sesquipedalophobiaThis seems like it would be the more likely term for it, literally meaning “a foot and a half long words fear.” However, it’s more commonly called:HippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobiaHippopoto- is claimed to mean “big” due to its allusion to the Greek-derived word hippopotamus (though this is derived as hippo- “horse” compounded with potam-os “river”, so originally meaning “river horse”); -monstr- is from Latin words meaning “monstrous”, -o- is a pseudo-Greek noun-compounding vowel; -sesquipedali- comes from “sesquipedalian” meaning a long word (literally “a foot and a half long” in Latin), -o- is a pseudo-Greek noun-compounding vowel, and -phobia means “fear”.I have to do a presentation, and I was hoping to do this phobia. However, I need accurate, dependable information that I can reference – which means no wikipedia (by teachers orders). Can anyone help me out?
- A: wow, very interesting essay!There are some sources online that may help you (except wikipedia) although I suggest study all of them but be carefull what you keep as bibliography.Good luck!
- Can u guess a 36 letter word which means fear of long words?
- A: The word is:Hippopotomonstrosesquipped-aliophobia
- There is a word that means ‘the fear of long words’. Do you know it?
- Q: It is a long word. I will reveal the answer on March 1st. It is hard unless you look it up or something. I will put ‘BEST ANSWER’ for the first person to get it rightYou have to have phobua at the end of it. Or it will not be correct.
- A: It is called Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia phobua, or Sesquipedalophobia phobua and its common name is the fear of long words.