What happens when you have schizophrenia and you smoke weed
Because Schizophrenia causes hallucinations and delusions smoking marijuana can amplify those symptoms causing, suicidal thoughts. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-when-you-have-schizophrenia-and-you-smoke-weed ]
More Answers to “What happens when you have schizophrenia and you smoke weed“
- Can schizophrenics smoke weed, after seeing this picture:
- I doubt the veracity of that site and report. There was no author given or scientific study reference cited. Don’t get me wrong; I don’t condone smoking weed. I am a schizophrenic and my condition was not caused by illegal drugs. The cause …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why to people think weed is SO bad for you, when in fact nobody has ever died from smoking weed!?
- Q: It has been proven time and time again, that there is no possible way to die from smoking weed. Period. Well…unless you get really high and run in front of a train. Millions of people die from tobacco every year, and millions of people die from alcohol poisoning every year, but you don’t hear people dissing these drugs do you?Honestly, it just really annoys me when people go on and on about how bad marijuana is, and how it will ruin your life. PROVE IT! Show me where somebody’s life has been ruined from weed. And don’t say “schizophrenia”, because these people were most likely susceptible to it anyway. Also, how many times have people been glassed/bashed/shot/raped by a drunk person? Every week it happens! Do you know why a stoned person never kills anybody? Because all they want to do is order a pizza and watch Kung Fu Cow on Pay TV. They don’t have the energy to go out and stab somebody.And yes i smoke weed, proud of it thanks.Peace ;)Of course people can get hurt as a result of smoking weed, i didn’t mean that if you had read my question properly. What i meant was that the drug itself does no harm to your body, as in you can’t overdose on marijuana. If people are stupid enough to drive stoned then thats their problem.
- A: Have you forgoton that smoking weed is carcinogenic?it can kill people just like smoking tobacco can kill people.Thats not to mention all the other ways already mentioned where it can indirectly kill you.
- Can marijuana smoking lead to depression, memory loss and schizophrenia ?
- Q: For reals ive smoked weed for 4 years and all three things happen to me if i quit is the damage reversable
- A: There are several different conflicting reports on this at this time.Many of the marijuana proponents will claim that smoking marijuana doesn’t lead to any of these symptoms, but mainstream science has largely come to the conclusion that marijuana can lead to all 3 symptoms you describe.While smoking marijuana many people have a difficult time with memory, it should be no surprise that the effects are not just experienced in the immediate 4 hours after smoking it. The effects are likely long term, but to a large extent they are probably reversible.The same is true of depression.It is unlikely that marijuana can cause schizophrenia, however it can cause drug induced psychosis. Since this can trigger a psychotic break, it is now believed that marijuana puts individuals at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.You should quit smoking marijuana even if it is not the fundamental cause of these 3 symptoms that you are experiencing. I suspect that you will experience an improvement in your overall mental health.You should also make sure that you continue to socialize with people, but you may need to change your set of friends since you are probably hanging out with people who also smoke marijuana. It is just time for you to move on. You can also help your depression symptoms by getting regular aerobic exercise. Even if you don’t want to run, or bike, you can do simple things like multiple sets of jumping jacks. Just make sure to get your heart pumping.Good luck.
- could this be a sign of schizophrenia?
- Q: im always thinking that im the center of the universe and what i think is what is happening. my mom says its a delusion but it seems so real. i told her if people say that i have schizophrenia then i will go through with treatment to see if it really is or i am the center of the universe.i like to smoke weed because it seems to open my mind to reality and it makes those ideas even clearer. i heard that weed just intensifys everything, so could the weed be giving away that i have schizophrenia because im 17 and it would just be starting now.
- A: I used to smoke weed everyday and I would experience those same thoughts. I always questioned their rationality, but never completely doubted them. These thoughts would intensify when I took LSD, to a point where I reached insanity. Anyways, I’ve quit smoking weed and doing other drugs because I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder 1.That may be something to look into.