What is fear of clowns
Among the 8 percent of adults who have phobias, coulrophobia-a debilitating fear of clowns-is fairly common. ChaCha away! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-fear-of-clowns ]
More Answers to “What is fear of clowns“
- What is the the fear of Clowns?
- The fear of clowns is called, “coulrophobia.” The definition to coulrophobia is: The Fear of an antagonist with a painted face. In other words, a clown. -Wiki Team -SummerShorti
- A lot of my friends seem to have a fear of clowns. Why is this??
- It’s strange how clowns send so many folks running for the exits. Actually, maybe not. Anyone who’s read “It” by Stephen King or stumbled across a picture of serial killer John Wayne Gacy in floppy shoes is understandably a bit on…
- What phobia is the fear of clowns?
- Coulrophobia is an abnormal or exaggerated fear of clowns. It is not uncommon among children, but is also sometimes found in teenagers and adults as well. Sufferers sometimes acquire a fear of clowns after having a bad experience with one p…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do most people dislike or fear clowns?
- Q: I recently read of a study conducted in a hospital, where 250 children were surveyed about clowns. All 250 admitted that they either feared or disliked clowns. I’m seeking a psychological answer as to why most people find themselves uncomfortable or even threatened by these annoying jokers in odd costumes.
- A: Honestly, I think some people lie about things like this to get attention. Maybe not the kids in this study, but just people in general. My sister swears she’s afraid of bridges but she’s gone over them tons of times with no issues before.
- How can I get over my fear of clowns?
- Q: Ew, I cower even when I write the word. I’m so scared of them, and I almost skipped school (I would never do that unless under severe consequences) when we were celebrating a birthday. Um… I want to get rid of the fear but I’m a bit scared to face it by looking directly at a clown. Thanks.
- A: Well, I have never had the phobia, but have heard about it.Generally, I find the best way around these things is to confront themBecome a clown at a local fete or something, doing face painting or whatever.I used to be terrified of heights, so threw myself out of aircraft a few times for charity.Cured of the phobia.It no longer bothers me.I think hiding from fears makes it worseMy Uncle was scared of water, well, swimming in it, so I nudged him overboard one summers day.I jumped in after him in case of difficulties, but all was well. He started jumping in when he wasn’t supposed to!Face your fears, and they dissapear.Bob
- What is the fear of clowns called?
- Q: I have a real fear of clowns ever since i was small and a clown made me sit on a baloon to burst it.
- A: Coulrophobia