What is Jerusalem Syndrome
Jerusalem syndrome involves wild religious ideas or other psychosis-like experiences that are triggered by a visit to Jerusalem. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-jerusalem-syndrome ]
More Answers to “What is Jerusalem Syndrome“
- How Jerusalem Syndrome Works
- You’re on a guided tour of Jerusalem, and your friend begins acting strangely. At first you think he’s just jet-lagged and tired, but once he’s wandering around in bed sheets and proclaiming himself John the Baptist, you know something’s re…
- What does Jerusalem Syndrome mean?
- 1. A person exhibiting religious delusions, obsessions, compulsions or psychoses as a result of touring the holy city of Jerusalem. This person is said to have no previous history of mental problems, and most often these symptoms pass some …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- When some people go to Jerusalem they get Jerusalem syndrome, right?
- Q: Where they get this whole messiah complex and they lose all sense of reality. I was wondering if this is similar to Obama supporters?They completely forget what the man is saying or omitting and are simply voting for him for no good reason? Does this sound about right?
- A: Really stretching logic here. Seem to be two separate subjects. Connecting the two seem really far fetched.
- What in heaven’s name ( you will pardon the pun) is the Jerusalem syndrome?
- Q: Do you know anyone who has experienced this, and does it occur in other highly symbolic areas of the world…for example, in Lourdes, or in Rome? How is it treated, and can one recover?
- A: yeah
- What do Christians have to say about the “Jerusalem Syndrome”?
- Q: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_syndrome
- A: I had never heard of that before, but it is definatly interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with being there in the holy city, and feeling something so powerful you are led to study so much you have no balance in your life and that is what causes this psychosis. I know a woman who has similar issues, but was instead diagnosed as bi-polar. I am uncertain if she has ever been to Jerusalem, but … wow, that would really explain a lot.Thanks for posting more, I am really eager to learn more on this subject. 🙂