What is the fear of open spaces
Agoraphobia is a fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Fear of leaving a safe place. ChaCha. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-fear-of-open-spaces ]
More Answers to “What is the fear of open spaces“
- What is Fear of Open Spaces?
- The fear of open spaces (also referred to as agoraphobia ) is defined as a form of anxiety disorder that causes an abnormal fear of open spaces, crowded public places or leaving a safe location . The person experiencing the fear is usually …
- Do open spaces make you panic? or are you overwhelmed by fear in …?
- Agoraphobia and Claustrophobia can limit your life. The fear of open spaces or feeling closed in, can both restrict your lifestle and lead to avioding places or situations. The therapy will work with you to release your fears of open spaces…
- What is the technical word for fear of open spaces?
- The technical word for fear of open spaces is Agoraphobia, agoraphobia, is a fear of certain situations or places, from which escape might be difficult, or embarrassing, if not dealt with this condition can escalate until you are completely…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What’s the phobia name for having a fear of big wide open spaces?
- Q: If that really is an existing phobia.
- A: Agoraphobia has the definition of ‘fear of open spaces’ or ‘fear of public areas’ (agora = marketplace (a wide open public area), phobia= fear – literally: fear of the marketplace)It is not necessarily a fear of being in a wide open space, but rather a fear or anxiety disorder resulting from being in a situation where the ability to avoid people is low – like in a crowd, or a place where they are not in control. Agoraphobiacs might experience panic attacks, or even decide to stay in their homes to avoid the outside and unfamiliar world.
- Agoraphobia: fear of crowds or fear of open spaces?
- Q: everytime i am in crowds i feel sick and have panic attacks..quite frequently.. e.g i have to sit at the back on buses, i can’t go in supermarkets without hyperventialating, i cant go shopping, cant sit in restaurants unless sat at the back, etc etc.Someone said I had agoraphobia (fear of crowds) yet my grandma says agoraphobia is fear of open spaces.Who’s right?btw, i dont have the fear of open spaces, its the exact opposite with me?! fear of being closed in by crowds but it’s not exactly claustrophobia is it? i dont feel its the right word
- A: The word “agoraphobia” is an English adoption of the Greek words agora (αγορά) and phobos (φόβος), literally translated as “a fear of the marketplace.” This translation is the reason for the common misconception that agoraphobia is a fear of open spaces, and is not clinically accurate.Agoraphobia treatment can be challenging because it usually means CONFRONTING YOUR FEARS. Both medications and psychotherapy have been found to be helpful. With treatment, you can escape the trap of agoraphobia and live a more enjoyable life.-Good Luck!
- I am scared of open spaces: name of the fear?
- Q: Sorry for all the questions tonight; I just feel like getting my **** straight.I am mildly scared of wide open spaces. If I am left alone in an empty field, I’ll sit down and try to make myself as small as possible so I’ll feel “closer” to something. I can’t stand living in the outskirts of town because the houses are far apart and there aren’t enough people (I’m scared of someone breaking into my home and shooting me – if there aren’t enough people around no one will call for help). If I’m all by myself in a room I’ll read aloud my book or turn on the radio, just to hear another voice.Maybe it’s just the fear of being alone. I don’t know.But I googled “fear of open spaces” and it gave me agoraphobia – the fear of open spaces, caused when the sufferer is exposed to unfamiliar environments and large crowds.The thing is I’m not scared of large crowds and I love traveling. It’s when I’m all alone in a big area that scares **** out of me.Can anyone good with words tell me if “agoraphobic” applies to me?Includes empty spaces as well ;_;
- A: Agoraphobia DefinitionThe word agoraphobia is derived from Greek words literally meaning “fear of the marketplace.” The term is used to describe an irrational and often disabling fear of being out in public.DescriptionAgoraphobia is just one type of phobia, or irrational fear. People with phobias feel dread or panic when they face certain objects, situations, or activities. People with agoraphobia frequently also experience panic attacks, but panic attacks, or panic disorder, are not a requirement for a diagnosis of agoraphobia. The defining feature of agoraphobia is anxiety about being in places from which escape might be embarrasing or difficult, or in which help might be unavailable. The person suffering from agoraphobia usually avoids the anxiety-provoking situation and may become totally housebound.Causes and symptomsAgoraphobia is the most common type of phobia, and it is estimated to affect between 5-12% of Americans within their lifetime. Agoraphobia is twice as common in women as in men and usually strikes between the ages of 15-35.The symptoms of the panic attacks which may accompany agoraphobia vary from person to person, and may include trembling, sweating, heart palpitations (a feeling of the heart pounding against the chest), jitters, fatigue, tingling in the hands and feet, nausea, a rapid pulse or breathing rate, and a sense of impending doom. The above is taken from :- http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Agrophobia_____________________________________________________The Homeopathic remedy which will cure Agrophobia is ACONITE in 200 or 1M potency In 200 take it once a day or more if you really need to and in 1M potency just once a week. No side effects or complications whatsoever 100% relief very very fast. Take it atleast 30 minutes before or after meals always on an empty stomach.Avoid Chocolates, Mints, Coffee, Red Meat, Alcoholic and Carbonated drinks, Spicy Rich Food while taking any Homeopathic remedies, and keep the medicines away from direct sunlight, heat strong smells and perfumes and do not store them in the fridge.Curing without any side effects or Complications Thats the Beauty of Homeopathic Medicine (Cures Par Excellence) Best of health to you my friend get well real soon.Take Care and God Bless you.