What is the Othello Syndrome
Othello syndrome: delusion of infidelity of a spouse or partner; characterized by recurrent accusations of infidelity. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-othello-syndrome ]
More Answers to “What is the Othello Syndrome“
- How do you deal with a spouse that has delusional disorder/ Othel…?
- Not a lot of information seems available for help on the subject. I did find one interesting case study saying: “Her husband reported that she bought unnecessary articles and sometimes coerced him to shoplift. Her son complained that s…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Othello’s syndrome treatable? ?
- Q: Does anyone know anything about this? Can it be treated with meds?anyone else have this?
- A: it can with counselingi really don’t know about meds.
- othello please help me its act IV 10pts 5 questions?
- Q: 1. Which of the following words could be used to describe Othello? (1 point)confidentindifferentsuspicious2. In Act III, Desdemona is _______ that Othello thinks she is having an affair with Cassio. (1 point)unawareashamedworried3. The “Othello Syndrome” is defined as (1 point)sexual jealousy.racial discrimination.violent anger.4. What does Othello tell Desdemona is unusual about the handkerchief? (1 point)It is from an Italian and is made of silk.It is from an Egyptian and is magical.It is from a Turk and is hundreds of years old.5. To disguise or conceal behind false appearances is the definition of (1 point)censure.languish.dissemble.
- A: During this scene Othello was suspicious of his beloved She is worried that he thinks she is cheating and she thinks that she may dieI would say it is jealousy but not sexual so..I guess if its not that it’s angerI believe that he says it’s from Turk and it’s very oldand Dissemble is to make believe with the intent to deceive
- my boyfriend has othello sydrome and i don’t know what to do :'(?
- Q: my boyfriend is 16 and he has a syndrome called othello syndrome that makes him extremely anxious and jealous. he never listens to me or believes me, he freaks whenever another guy talks to me or i talk to one, he doesn’t trust me whenever i go anywhere. i love him to death but i don’t know what to do. he has panic attacks that are really bad for him and i don’t know a cure for it or something to control it. i comfort him as much as i can and i don’t want to leave him…should he take anti depressants or anything? does anyone have any idea what to do because i don’t. :'(he doesn’t have anti depressants and his parents probably wont get them for him. he was seeing a counceler for a while but he stopped seeing him a few months ago. should be start seeing him again and get a therapist?
- A: what are you kids doing with boyfriends????seriously, 16?I have an idea, why don’t you let HIS MOM deal with it and focus on school little girl.