What is the word for fear of heights
Acrophobia is the fear of heights. Think of circus acrobats, they sure don’t have acrophobia! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-word-for-fear-of-heights ]
More Answers to “What is the word for fear of heights“
- What is the word for fear of heights?
- Acrophobia From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Acrophobia (from Greek ἄκρος, meaning “summit”) is an extreme or irrational fear of heights. It belongs to a category of specific phobias, called space and motion discomfort that sh…
- What is Fear of Heights?
- The fear of heights also referred to as acrophobia or altophobia is one of the most common phobias and is an extremely distressing condition. This irrational, persistent fear of heights may occur when you have to climb a flight of stairs, u…
- What is the fear of heights called?
- Fear of heights is called “Acrophobia”. It is a pretty common phobia.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what is the word for fear of heights?
- Q: what is acrophobia
- A: Acrophobia is an extreme or irrational fear of heights. It belongs to a category of specific phobias, called space and motion discomfort that share both similar etiology and options for treatment.Acrophobia can be dangerous, as sufferers can experience a panic attack in a high place and become too agitated to get themselves down safely.”Vertigo” is often used, incorrectly, to describe the fear of heights, but it is more accurately described as a spinning sensation, which may be caused by looking down from a high place, as well as by some other stimuli. Vertigo is qualified as height vertigo when referring to dizziness triggered by heights.
- What is the fear of pronouncing a word wrong? help please :]?
- Q: like how “Acrophobia” is the fear of heights, what is the word for “the fear of pronouncing a word wrong.”please help, I try to search this and all I can get is how to pronounce the phobias.thank you <3
- A: I don’t find one. Logophobia is fear of words. Sesquipedalophobia is fear of long words.
- If acrophobia is fear of heights, what is the term for fear of cockroaches?
- Q: I’m really curious. I’m wondering if there’s a 1-word description of fear of cockroaches.
- A: If there is, then the Greek word for cockroaches would be the prefix. And I’m one of those people with that phobia! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!http://phobialist.com/phobia_names.htmlhttp://www.ojohaven.com/fun/phobias.htmlBTW, entomophobia is fear of bugs in generalI got it! Katsaridaphobia!