Why am I so afraid of thunder storms
Some people are naturally afraid of the thunder. They fear that the lightning will strike them. Take a deep breath! Go ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-am-i-so-afraid-of-thunder-storms ]
More Answers to “Why am I so afraid of thunder storms“
- Why is my cat tiger so afraid of thunder storms?
- Animals can sense the change in the atmosphere before a storm hits and none of them like it. The sound of the thunder scares them because they hear it louder than we do. My big brave shepherd tries to hide under the covers of my bed.
- What can I do about my dog being SO afraid of thunder storms??
- Hi XXXXXXX, Thunder phobia is a very common problem in dogs, and it can be corrected to a degree with behavioral modification called “counter-conditioning” and sometimes with anti-anxiety medication. I am not surprised to hear tha…
- Why am I so afraid of thunderstorms? What should I do?
- Excellent question. This condition is known as ombrophobia from two Greek words Ombros, meaning rainstorm or thunderstorm and Phobia, meaning fear of. I would suggest headphones and some beautiful Chopin or Mozart with the window shades clo…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why is my dog afraid of thunder storms?
- Q: Every time we have a storm he runs under the bed and starts shaking. How do I help him over come this.He is a 2 year old Pekingese
- A: Dogs are like future tellers. They can tell when a storm is coming (by loud ringing noises). To tell you that a storm is coming they may bark or act nervous. During a storm the loud noises hurt their ears. Their ears can hear things from a mile away and when that storm comes with loud noises its kind of like someone screaming in your ear as loudly as possible! To help him calm down, sit down with him somewhere cover him up and give him treats. I pet my dog and rub his chest he acts like there was never a storm there!
- why is my cat tiger so afraid of thunder storms?
- Q: when he knows a storm is near hr walks back and forth untll it hits then hindes in his condo i made for him
- A: Animals can sense the change in the atmosphere before a storm hits and none of them like it. The sound of the thunder scares them because they hear it louder than we do. My big brave shepherd tries to hide under the covers of my bed.
- My sister is deathly afraid of thunder storms any suggestions?
- Q: If you are really afraid of thunder storms and have some methods that calm you down plz share!! My sis is so afraid she is 9 and she has always been afraid i try to tell her that you should appreciate t storms and think that they are cool but she just doesnt have an open mind she is very scared so if you could help greatly appreciated also if you arent afraid maybe you could share some convincing reasons why tstorms arent that bad at all! thanx
- A: Sorry your little sister doesn’t like the sound of thunder the one I don’t like and I’m 63 years old is that lighting that’s the one that does the real damage to things I recall when I was her age my mother would tell me and my brothers and sisters that the thunder was God moven things around then we weren’t afraid any more. So maybe if you tell her that it can put her mind to rest. Good luck.