Why do people have low self esteems
Sometimes a child will have low self-esteem if his mother or father doesn’t encourage him. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-people-have-low-self-esteems ]
More Answers to “Why do people have low self esteems“
- Why do people have a low self-esteem?
- I have a friend with very low self-esteem. I think she has this issue because of the way she’s been treated in the past. She picks loser, ugly men to date because she thinks that’s all she’s worth; because it’s what she’s been told forever….
- How can you improve your self esteem?
- I used to have self-esteem issues myself. The thing that helped me was to wake up every morning and tell myself who cares for me, and I would list them out in my head (Jesus, Mom, Dad, Friends, ect.). Every night I would then take everythin…
- How to raise self estime?
- My self esteem was very low growing up. It is hard but you have to find what you like about yourself and concentrate on that for awhile. You also have to realize that nobody is perfect. I pick a few things at a time that I wanted to change …
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do people with low self-esteems attract other people with low self-esteems?
- Q: Why do people with low self-esteems attract other people with low self-esteems? They all seem to group together as a circle of friends. Why is this?
- A: Misery loves company.
- Why is it that people say you have low-self esteem when you say everyone hates you and the world knows it?
- Q: Because of white supremacist America, racism and hate is widespread throughout the world. And everyone the knows that the very people that everyone hates the most are Black people, so why do they say you have low-self-esteem just because you state this fact? That’s why everyone wants black people dead and gone and we are always called ugly and stupid, to destroy us! So why all the lies? Why is this denied when its practiced everyday?
- A: Lol that’s just being melodramatic, not having low self esteem.
- Why do people still believe bullies suffer from low self-esteem?
- Q: Research and personal experience alike come to the same conclusion: bullies have plenty of self-esteem. Yet people keep swearing by the old canard that bullies are just lashing out because they’re insecure and have low self-esteem. Why is that?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-esteemhttp://www.byparents-forparents.com/causesbullies.htmlhttp://www.safeyouth.org/scripts/faq/bullying.asphttp://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081229/OPINION01/812290322″Too much self-esteem is none at all. Vanity is a result of insecurity.”So evidence of high self-esteem still counts as evidence of low self-esteem? How convenient. That means you can conclude that bullies have low self-esteem even if the evidence indicates the opposite.”they just want attention, and don’t self control”I’ll give you the self-control part, but attention? That’s bollocks. If they wanted attention, they wouldn’t do it when authority figures aren’t looking, and they’d be able to find a less malicious and more effective way of getting it. Besides, if they can’t control themselves, why don’t their PARENTS or TEACHERS try to control them?”Those sources you link to are not the most reliable. They’re not professionals in this field, doing research and/or following up theories with real people. They have not got any training or special insight.”Did you actually look at my sources? I’d continue, but I’m approaching the character limit.
- A: Why do *you* believe they don’t?Those sources you link to are not the most reliable. They’re not professionals in this field, doing research and/or following up theories with real people. They have not got any training or special insight.We choose what to believe, even when the facts say otherwise. You could choose more wisely.A small point, but real: the fact that bullies almost always choose people with very low self-esteem to pick on doesn’t mean the bullies have strong or high self-esteem. It only means the bullies’ self esteem is higher than their victims’ self-esteem.