How much does it cost for Laser Eye Surgery
Muncie Eye Center (765) 286-8888 performs Lasik but pricing is not listed. On average it costs between $800-$2000 dollars total. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-does-it-cost-for-laser-eye-surgery ]
More Answers to “How much does it cost for Laser Eye Surgery“
- How much does it cost for laser eye surgery?
- Corrective eye surgery can be done on anyone who’s eyes have stopped growing an developing, I understand that in general they won’t do it on anyone less than 20 years old. But the younger you are, the better – younger eyes are able to recov…
- Why does laser eye surgery cost this much?
- A/ Don’t worry – we feel it too. The simple answer is: advancing technology and quality control. The best laser equipment is costly to buy and to maintain. The operating theatres must be made to strict safety standards. The laser technician…
- What Is The Cost Of Laser Eye Surgery?
- Laser eye surgery has become extremely popular in the last decade or so. Lasik actually stands for Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis. This type of surgery basically uses a laser to change the curvature of the cornea. Your cornea is the outer win…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much does corrective laser eye surgery cost?
- Q: I’m seeking to get that since I wear glasses. I hate glasses so I use to wear contacts for about a year or so but then they got lost or dried up. I don’t quite remember so now I’m seeking to get corrective laser eye surgery. I’m gonna see if I can get it with my insurance but I’d also like to know how much it costs. Does anyone know ? Of an estimate or exact cost ? Thanks !
- A: With LASIK surgery you will generally get what you pay for: the more experienced surgeons with the more advanced technology will charge more for LASIK. Here in Southern California you could probably find someone good who would charge in the range of $2,500-3,800 per eye.Probably the most important decision someone who is considering LASIK must make is what surgeon to choose. Although I do not perform LASIK, I have created a document for my cataract patients to help them in choosing a surgeon. The article can be viewed by clicking this link: http://sgveye.com/en/resources/35-about-your-eyes/233-10-things-you-must-know-before-choosing-your-cataract-surgeonThe advice in this document can be applied to choosing any surgeon in any specialty, not just cataract surgeons.Sincerely,David D. Richardson, M.D.Medical DirectorSan Gabriel Valley Eye Associates, Inc. 207 S. Santa Anita Street, Suite P-25 San Gabriel, CA 91776 626.289.7856
- Laser eye surgery. Have you had it? How much did it cost? Does it work?
- Q: Hey. 5 years ago, i noticed i was having trouble reading the board in the classroom. Over the last few years, my eyes have got worse and worse, and while my glasses are fantastic, they were supposed to be temp and i now need to wear them all the time. Having them on and off is causing headaches, especially since i work at a comp desk, and i need to lean in really close to be able to even see the comp screen! For those that have had laser surgery (i have mild short sight, meaning reading is NO problem but street signs are near impossible) how much did it cost, is there only one session, how is your eye sight now…? ANY info, this will be a huge thing for me as i’ll need to save for it and it better be worth it! :o)
- A: I had my right eye laser corrected in June of 2006 and I am very happy with the results. I initially saw 20/30 in that eye, right after the surgery, but have now improved to 20/20 in that eye.Prior to having the surgery I used “mono vision” contacts, meaning I only used a contact in my right eye to see distantly.( I also had no problem seeing close) If I would have done both eyes, I would have then needed glasses to see close. In the eye that I had corrected I can now see 20/20 but I cannot read small print with it.The reason is that the surgery does not compensate for the aging eye phenomenon, so it does not restore your eyes diminishing ability to compensate. If you are young, you may not have this situation (I am 52). Right now I am very happy with my vision, I gave up my good close vision in the right eye but I gained the ability to see distantly without glasses or contacts.It was a natural choice for me since I had already been using mono vision for 2 years before I did it. I did also have dryness in that right eye for about six months but that is also now very much improved. I paid $700 for the one eye, I remember them saying the cost had to do with the degree of correction. Good Luck!
- How much does it cost for laser surgery?
- Q: has anyone had lasik eye surgery performed? how much does it cost nowadays?
- A: Laser eye surgery is very safe nowadays. My cousin got her dental implants and lasik surgery in India by a company called Forerunners Healthcare. The Price for dental and lasik surgery is very less in India. She paid 25% of the price she was quoted in America.Forerunners Healthcare is very famous in India They arrange Dental surgery, jaw surgery, lasik eye surgery, Dental Implants etc for foreign patients in India. I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and magazines- about their patient stories.They arrange financing for USA, Canadian, UK and other international patients who plan to have surgery abroad for low cost, as dental and eye surgery is not covered by insurance. They also have photos pasted of their International patients. You can checkout their website. There are huge cost savings. As a doctor I personally believe that surgery can be easily handled in India, as the quality of healthcare available In India is simply best in the world. The surgeons are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.http://www.forerunnershealthcare.comHope this helps.