How much does it cost to get insurance on a pet
VPI Pet Insurance provides coverage for medical treatments, surgeries, labs and more. You can call for a free quote: 888-899-4VPI [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-does-it-cost-to-get-insurance-on-a-pet ]
More Answers to “How much does it cost to get insurance on a pet“
- How much does it cost to get insurance on a pet
- VPI Pet Insurance provides coverage for medical treatments, surgeries, labs and more. You can call for a free quote: 888-899-4VPI
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- About how much does it cost to get pet insurance on a dog?
- Q: Its a 1yr old Australian Shepherd.
- A: It’s not cheap, but it also depends on the breed (which you have established) and your city and state. Here are some web sites that can help you out: http://www.petcareinsurance.com/http://www.sheltercare.com/http://www.veridiancu.org/insurance/pet_insurance.asp
- How much does it cost to have a cat microchipped in the UK?
- Q: and also – can you recommend who to get pet insurance from. There are so many companies and deals, I cant make sense of them all. I dont want to go for one and find in the small print that it isnt worth the paper its written on !
- A: I got my kittens both micro chipped as a package from the animal rescue place, so cant help you there, but regarding insurance i would recommend TESCO. I looked at all the other companies and found them really cheap and covered loads of stuff, apply on line or give them a call on 0845 300 2200 really friendly staff too!!
- how much does it cost to care for a dog?
- Q: Right now i cant get one but i want to save up for him and adopt a dachshund. how much do you usually spend on your dog? i dont make much like 20,000yr so should i wait until i get a better job? do you have pet insurance your dog too? would that help incase anything were to happen?
- A: As far as the insurance thing, it’s like us, if you need it it’s good… vet bills can get fairly expensive so that’s a personal choice…We have two dogs, a lab who is about 65 pounds and a black and tan coonhound who currently weighs 50 pounds but should reach about 95 pounds when full grown… so keeping that one’s dogs weight affects cost GREATLY, heartworm meds are roughly $200 per year, food is about $40 per month, shampoo-per bottle is $10-$15 and the use varies… for a good prong collar (herm spranger) it is about $27, leashes can be anything from $1-$45… treats vary as well… toys vary-$1-$10 per toy… really there are SO many variables that it’s impossible to say a solid figure, but just plan on setting aside (NOT including the cost of the dog itself) $1,500 for the first year… bear in mind health issues can crop up creating a big expense out of nowhere, so be sure you can handle that. Our black and tan was just neutered and the neuter cost us $400 (he also had a skin tag removed and one of his testicles didn’t decend so it was a spay fee which costs more); well, he ripped his stiches so it cost us another $180 to get him “repaired”… stuff happens and can eat a ton of your money up fast. But they are SOOOO worth it! 🙂