What can happen if you have abscess
A:An abscess is a tender, easily pressed mass generally surrounded by a colored area from pink to deep red. The middle of an MORE [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-happen-if-you-have-abscess ]
More Answers to “What can happen if you have abscess“
- What can happen if you have abscess
- An abscess is a tender, easily pressed mass generally surrounded by a colored area from pink to deep red. The middle of an MORE
- Does anyone no what will happen if my abscess busts during the ni…?
- If the infection is on the surface of the gum and lilkey to burst, wash your mouth out with very hot salty water which will encourage it. Nothing will happen if/when it does burst, apart from a horible taste in the mouth and the pain will g…
- What will happen if an abscess is not treated?
- Apart from growing in size and damaging the infected tissue or organ, the infection will also spread to other areas in the body through the lymphatic fluid or blood resulting in a generalized infection (septicemia). This is fatal if emergen…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What can happen if you have an abscess or tooth infection?
- A: Well first off you need to take anti-biotics to get rid of the infection. After that, the dentist will decide on the best course of treatment.
- What to do if antibiotics fail for abscess tooth? should I be prepared for death or loss of jawbone?
- Q: The reason why I ask this is because I went to the dentist last week with severe toothpain and he said I have some abscesses, and he gave me antibiotics to get the swelling to go down so he could remove them. The pain has stopped but my gums are still swollen and it has been a week. I am afraid of what happens next. I know that an abscess can kill you if it is never treated. but now that treatment doesnt seem to be working what do I do? I am starting to get scared.
- A: So the antibiotic the dentist gave you worked to remove the pain, but not all of the swelling! Great!! This is often enough so that the tooth can be frozen and either a root canal or an extraction can be performed. If you need to try further antibiotic action, the dentist could;1)increase the dosage and or the number of times a day you take the antibiotic. 2)try a different antibiotic. 3)try a cocktail of antibiotics. 4)have the necessary procedure done under general anaestesia instead of just local. So, you see there are a number of options available to you and your dentist. I wouldn’t go looking for funeral plots just yet.
- What can happen if you’ve had an abscess tooth for too long?
- Q: I had an abscess in mt teeth like 7 months ago, but i took antibiotics for it then. It’s been 7 months since then and i still haven’t gotten the abscess drained and my wisdom tooth taken out (that’s what it’s in). I’m afraid to go to the dentist cause they said when they drain the abscess I might not be able to have feeling in my lip and jaw? i dont want to be paralyzed, is that true? and am i ok if i’ve had the wisdom tooth this long?
- A: You really need to get it taken care of. A couple years ago my ex had one and the infection ended up getting into his blood. His whole face swelled up so we went to the hospital and they told him he would have died if he didnt come in right then. He was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks just for and abscessed tooth.