What causes a tooth abscess
A:A tooth abscess is a complication of tooth decay or from trauma to the tooth, such as when a tooth is broken or chipped. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-a-tooth-abscess ]
More Answers to “What causes a tooth abscess“
- A tooth abscess is a complication of tooth decay. It may also result from trauma to the tooth, such as when a tooth is broken or chipped. Openings in the tooth enamel allow bacteria to infect the center of the tooth (the pulp). Infection ma…
- Deep cavities allow germs to get into the pulp chamber. These germs cause infection, and the pulp dies. The pus from the infection eventually builds up at the root tip and makes a hole in the bone. This is called an abscess. A blow to a too…
- A tooth abscess may develop as a result of a complication of tooth decay (when the dental pulp becomes infected by bacteria). It may also occur when a tooth is chipped or broken and an infection develops in the pulp of the tooth and spreads…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Already extracted tooth abscess still causes pussing/bump?
- Q: I had a tooth abscess that was extracted 2 months ago, the area did not seem to heal very quickly. and today i found that there is a soft bump at the place the tooth used to be. It may be puss building up? does anyone know what is causing this?
- A: It may be that all of the infection was not removed the first time around. However sometimes an area can become reinfected on it’s own. The bump that you are describing does sound like the another infection. I strongly recommend that you go see you dentist right away. I hope that this answer helps.
- what causes a tooth abscess?
- A: Deep cavities allow germs to get into the pulp chamber. These germs cause infection, and the pulp dies. The pus from the infection eventually builds up at the root tip and makes a hole in the bone. This is called an abscess.A blow to a tooth may also cause the pulp to die and then become infected. An infected tooth will never heal on its own, and as it gets worse, it will continue to be a source of infection that weakens your immune system. This can affect your entire body. This damage to the bone and the swelling inside the bone can also be excruciatingly painful, and even life-threatening. Years ago, an infected tooth would have to be extracted, but today, your Houston dentist can save your tooth with root canal treatment.
- Can chewing hard candy too much cause a tooth to abscess?
- Q: Ive been chewing a lot of hard candy and my 1st upper molar is sore…. What kind of damage can it cause?
- A: Dont make the mistake i did and thats sucking on hard candy. I mean mostly halls caugh drops and yea i am cavity centry. But anyways it cant by itself cause an abcess/infection but it can lead to one so give up the sugar and suck on something else like sugar free but if you think yoiu have an absess infection go to the dr