What does an abscess in the gums look like
A:It is usually swelled, painful, sometimes glossy, it can leak blood or pus, and it is discolored. ChaCha again! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-an-abscess-in-the-gums-look-like ]
More Answers to “What does an abscess in the gums look like“
- What Does an Abscess on the Gum Look Like?
- Summary: An abscess in gum tissue is an infection trapped under an intact area of the gum. Discover what abscesses in the gums look like in this free video featuring a practicing dentist.
- What does a gum abscess look and feel like?
- When a tooth has a abscess it is often pain free as the body is dealing with the infection by making an outlet for it. An abscess usual looks like a small red raised lump on the gum next to a tooth, it is quite often completely pain free. I…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what does a gum abscess look and feel like?
- Q: ive never had a abscess before so have no idea what it feels or looks like as my back tooth has broken up a tad since being at the dentists in dec there now have noticed a raised area but its not sore and its not big either can touch it and press on it and doesn’t feel like there anything there could be the way ma tooth’s now sitting if anyone can help it would b gratefulits doesnt look bad either as i have looked at it and tooth looks ok even though its chippeddue at the dentists in about 4/5wks time for ma 6th month check up
- A: When a tooth has a abscess it is often pain free as the body is dealing with the infection by making an outlet for it.An abscess usual looks like a small red raised lump on the gum next to a tooth, it is quite often completely pain free.If you press it, you may find it oozes a little pus. It is sometimes a good idea to visit the dentist while this is present for them to see it.
- What does an abscess look like?
- Q: I think that I have an abscess on the jaw, right near my gum line where my wisdom tooth is coming in. It only hurts for a brief moment when I am brushing my teeth. I think that it has something to do with the cavities that I have nearby. What can I do to make it go down? Is there any medicine that I can take? I want to go to the dentist, but I don’t have any money.
- A: rinse your mouth with otc hydrogen peroxide several times a day. don,t swallow it. it attacks infection sights.
- Gum abscess??
- Q: This is gross, but….I had what looked like a gum abscess right above my last molar on the upper left side. It had been there for about a month, and was not painful at all. Last night I was brushing that area fairly aggressively, and the swollen tissue actually began to separate from the surrounding gum tissue. I continued until it was completely gone and, although my gums in that area are a little sore now, they finally look normal again.Does this mean that the infection is gone? I have been using a lot of antiseptic rinse as well as warm salt water.
- A: Do you know what they call the person who graduates from the bottom of their dental class? A dentist. If Anne really is a dentist, as I see many people with retarded unprofessional answers claim in this section of Yahoo Answers, she is pretty uninformed. Infections can spread along things called fascia, which are connective tissue covering things like muscles and nerve bundles. Infections in your upper teeth actually can, although rare unless the infection is ignored for a very long time, spread along the right fascia and reach the brain. Now that that is out of the way, don’t assume the infection is gone make sure you get it checked out and your next dental appointment. Or if it presents again make a sooner appointment to get to the bottom of the problem. Also, you should’t brush aggressively, its not good for your teeth and gums.