What does it mean when my lymph nodes are swollen
A:Lymph nodes can become swollen from infection, inflammatory conditions, an abscess, or cancer. Other causes of enlarged MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-it-mean-when-my-lymph-nodes-are-swollen ]
More Answers to “What does it mean when my lymph nodes are swollen“
- What does it mean when my lymph nodes are swollen
- Lymph nodes can become swollen from infection, inflammatory conditions, an abscess, or cancer . Other causes of enlarged MORE?
- Does swollen lymph nodes in your neck mean lymphoma??
- i am going to a surgeon for my lymph nodes. i also have tiredness, cough, night sweats. abdominal pain, headaches, just to name a few.
- What do swollen lymph nodes mean?
- Swollen lymph nodes are usually a sign of infection or illness. If you go to a doctor and they are feeling your upper neck, they are checking to see if your lymph nodes are swollen. If they are swollen, it may feel sore when the doctor is t…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what does it mean when your lymph nodes are swollen and dont hurt to touch?
- Q: I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck. Their hard, and not tender to touch. I went to the doctor this morning. I have some kind of infection, in my throat, its not strept though, she swabbed and tested for that and was negative. I showed her the lump. she said yea,its swollen.but why doesn’t it hurt?what does that mean?its gotten larger since I got home from the doctor
- A: Swollen lymph nodes suggest infection. They don’t have to be sore or tender as well, just swollen. This doesn’t necessarily indicate that there’s throat involvement unless your throat is sore. The purpose of the lypmphatic system is to filter out viruses, bacteria, anything that may cause infection from lymph, the fluid inside the lymphatic system. Lymph nodes are all over the body and those in the neck service the entire head and neck, not just the throat.Your body may take care of this on its own. It’s working on it. After all, that’s what the immune system is for. Help it along with a good diet and plenty of rest, no alcohol. Did you have specimens collected for any other tests while you were at your doctor’s office??? Stay in touch with your doctor for advice.
- What does it mean when you have swollen lymph nodes and joint pain?
- Q: My lymph nodes are swollen in my armpits and in my neck. My throat is killing me, I have a bad headach, and I’m kind of dizzy. In addition to all of that, nearly all of my joints are killing me. What does all that mean? The doctor prescribed an acne medication for me. It’s not working. Does anyone know what I have and what I can do about it?the doctor prescribed the acne medication for my symtpoms, and I’m positive it’s not an STDAnd I don’t have a fever
- A: Might want to get checked out for Lhyme disease.
- What does it mean when your lymph nodes are swollen?
- Q: I have had swollen lymph nodes befor everytime I get a cold sore and the doctor said it was OK, but now both lymph nodes under my jaw are swollen. I have had a cold for the last day of two and that is around when they became swollen. This has never happend when I was sick befor. I just want to see if this is serious or if it happens sometimes.By the way my cold symptomes are:slight feversore throatstuffy noseaches and pains thrughout my bodyThanks for any advice you have.
- A: Lymph nodes which are swollen are usually a sign of infection. Sometimes the body can fight the infection, in which you don’t get sick and the lymph nodes go back to normal size. Other times you get sick, and you have to go to a doctor. Slight fever eh? Seems like you’re going to need to go to a doctor anyway. Especially if the fever gets a little higher each day. This is a sign of a bacterial infection. You’ll most probably need to get on some antibiotics. Some soup and orange juice wouldn’t do you any harm either. You can take tylenol or ibuprofen for the fever….just follow the label directions. But I think you need to be seen by a doctor. That way you’ll feel better sooner. I hope you feel better really soon, and wish you the best of luck. If you go to the doc, send me a message and tell me what’s up.