What does the word quinsy mean
A:Quinsy means: Acute inflammation of the tonsils and the surrounding tissue, often leading to the formation of an abscess. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-word-quinsy-mean ]
More Answers to “What does the word quinsy mean“
- Who is likely to develop Quinsy?
- Teens who develop Quinsy typically have a history of tonsillitis that develops into an abscess, the collection of pus. Unlike tonsillitis, which may occur in all age groups but especially among younger adolescents and children, the average …
- What does quinsy mean?
- 1. a painful pus filled inflammation of the tonsils and surrounding tissues; usually a complication of tonsillitis
- What is the definition of quinsy
- Quinsy: an abscess in the tissue around a tonsil usually resulting from infection and often accompanied by pain and fever. ChaCha