What is a bump on the gums that has a red sore on top of it
A:A bump on the gums is called gingiva. It is not a cause for alarm. It can be caused by a gum or tooth abscess or by irritation. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-bump-on-the-gums-that-has-a-red-sore-on-top-of-it ]
More Answers to “What is a bump on the gums that has a red sore on top of it“
- What is a bump on the gums that has a red sore on top of it?
- A bump on the gums is called gingiva. It is not a cause for alarm. It can be caused by a gum or tooth abscess or by irritation.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Red/Clear Bump under tongue? Help?
- Q: This morning I woke up with a small kind of like “Clear blob” with normal red gum stuff around it. I’m not sure if this is an infection or a cyst. I was just a spontaneous thing I woke up with and wasn’t poked or burnt as far as I remember.I DID try new foods like MooShoo (Not sure how to spell) Chicken with some dressing stuff and some Indian Naan bread or something like that (Not good with these ethnical food words…)Also I wear a retainer at night but I’ve never had this effect and don’t think it caused the bump.Its not a kankersore (Spelt wrong I think, sorry) I know because the school nurse said they were usully more white.I tried rinsing with a solution of hydrogen peroxide and tap water (50/50 of both) but I didn’t experience much burning sensation except for on top of my tongue where the problem wasn’t. So what should I do now? I’m not sure what it is. It’s a little sore but doesn’t bother me unless I am poking it.What should I do? What is this?My blood pressure is normal.
- A: Oh I sometimes get these clear little bubbles, just every once in awhile. They don’t hurt or anything. It’ll just pop at some point, but you won’t even know it when it happens. Assuming that I’m talking about the same thing you are 0_o
- What kind of bump is this, on my gum?
- Q: Today, I noticed a sore spot on my gums. I looked in the mirror, and on the top row, in the front, there’s a little bump on my gum. I have to lift my top lip to see it, because its not right above a tooth. What is it? It doesn’t look like the pictures of ulcers that I’ve seen, so I doubt that’s it. It’s just a little red, and kind of painful.
- A: probably a mouth ulcer, just dont touch it or do anything, itll get larger and more painful. use baking soda, that workss
- Painful small white bump on gums right below bottom teeth..?
- Q: The top of it is sort of whiteish and it feels sore, as if a tooth is coming in, except all my adult teeth have come in and I have already had braces. When I press down on it hard, it hurts, and it flattens out a little bit, so I don’t think it’s a tooth.I have very bad teeth due to genetics. I don’t drink soda or juice, I dont suck on candy, I chew sugar free minty gum only. I still get cavities frequently, even though I brush my teeth twice a day and floss at night. I even have one of those expensive sonicare electric toothbrushes, still doesn’t help. I have some gum disease on some of my bottom teeth (red and slightly receding). A few days ago I discovered this bump. What is it?Oh and the tooth its under does not hurt at all and doesn’t have a cavity or a filling.
- A: it could just be a cold sore, everyone gets them. If it is one, it will go away in a few days, but if you’re really concerned maybe see your dentist or doctor.