What is a fistula
A:A fistula is a narrow passage or duct formed by disease or injury, as one leading from an abscess to a free surface, or from MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-fistula ]
More Answers to “What is a fistula“
- A fistula occurs when two organs that do not normally connect are connected together, or form a passage between them. Usually it is medically done for therapeutic reasons. Look here for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fistula
- Pl. fissulae [L.] a small cleft.
- A fistula is an abnormal connection between an organ, vessel, or intestine and another structure. Fistulas are usually the result of injury or surgery. It can also result from infection or inflammation. Inflammatory bowel disease, such as u…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What role does a fistula play in the circulatory system?
- Q: I guess what I am trying to ask is, if someone who is on dialysis, has a fistula inserted in his forearm, how does that play into the circulatory system? How does the circulatory system function when a fistula is present? What does the fistula do exactly?
- A: the fistula is much like a central line — the dialysis patient by the means of a fistula or connection is able to have the machine for dialysis plugged into the body and circulate and filter the blood ,,,, as the patients liver is not able to function and do the filtering inside the body == therefore the “”shunt”” or connection for the dialysis filtering machine …. the fistula is like a connection that goes two ways =the blood is removed from the body — filtered in the machine — then returned to the circulatory system
- What is the after affect of fistula-in-ano surgery?
- Q: I have fistula-in-ano and doctor said that you have to remove it by surgery. I am concerned about surgery that how painful is it and how long does it takes to heel up, how many days do I have to take off from work. If somebody has the fistula-in-ano surgery experience then please share with me.ThanksA
- A: Agree.
- How do you know you have a fistula?
- Q: What are some of the symptoms if you have a fistula? Is it possibly it is not a fistula when there is not pain when you pass feaces, and no blood yet you have clear sweet smelling discharge coming out?If your female how can you know the signs if you have a fistula? Is it via discharge from the anus and vagina?Serious anus only?
- A: Read up on it on a medical site.They may be able to help you.Just remember a fistula may join everything together so try not to worry .LOL