What is the correct treatment for a pilonidal cyst
A:An infected pilonidal cyst is an abscess that requires incision and drainage in order to improve. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-correct-treatment-for-a-pilonidal-cyst ]
More Answers to “What is the correct treatment for a pilonidal cyst“
- What are some treatments for pilonidal cysts
- A doctor will drain your pilonidal cyst and pack the wound to allow healing. Antibiotics are not given unless it is spreading.
- Do you have information about pilonidal cyst and its treatment??
- Yeah. If it flares up, take warm baths, and keep moist heat on the cyst. Eventually it will open and drain. If this keeps happening, then you can have surgery to remove it. It’s a fairly simple, quick surgery, usually.
- Can a pilonidal cyst just go away with out treatment??
- A pilonidal cyst is a cyst at the bottom of the tailbone (coccyx) that can become infected and filled with pus. Once infected, the technical term is pilonidal abscess. Most doctors think that ingrown hairs cause pilonidal cysts. Antibiotics…