What is the difference between a boil & a pimple? Do you have a definition for both? Thanks
A:A boil is a skin abscess, infection deep in the skin. Another type is Cystic acne. Pimples are small inflammations of the skin. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-difference-between-a-boil-%26-a-pimple%3F-do-you-have-a-definition-for-both%3F-thanks ]
More Answers to “What is the difference between a boil & a pimple? Do you have a definition for both? Thanks“
- What is the difference, in degrees celsius, between the boiling p…?
- Boiling point of water is 100 degrees Celsius. Boiling point of ethanol is 78.4C. The difference is 21.6C.
- What’s the difference between a boil and a cyst?
- A boil is a bacterial infection. A cyst is a fluid filled lump but is not bacterial. Lancing and/or antibiotics are used for a boil. A cyst in just drained of its fluid, if necessary.
- Are many people able to tell the difference between soft boiled e…?
- Because Denver is at a higher altitude. Water boils at lower temperature at higher altitude. Since the egg is not cooking as hot, it takes longer to cook. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Would+it+take+longer+to+boil+…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what is the difference between a boil and abscess?
- Q: I have a small button sized pimple like bump in my butt. How can you tell if it’s a boil or an abscess by looking at it? One day I woke up with this pain in my butt and when I went to see what it was there was this pimple like bump with a dark spot at the middle. Next morning I woke up to realize that I’m having trouble sitting because of the pain(it hurts coz when I sit at it). I have classes up to evening and it’s really uncomfortable to sit in long periods especially while travelling. Now it is kinda shiny and red and has white stuff inside but there’s no white spot.When I got home I placed a hot compress on it with salt for about 6-10 mins. The white puss came out but not all. After I placed a bandage over it.Is it a boil or an abscess and what’s the difference? thanks
- A: You can’t abscess an egg!!!
- what’s the difference between a boil and a cold sore?
- Q: I have a huge pimple-type-deal right underneath the side of my nose. Its been painful, and EXTREMELY itchy. It has a white centre and is red around it. What are the differences symptoms-wise between a cold sore and a boil, and what is the best way to treat either?
- A: a boil is a bacterial infection. an abcess. you have it lanced/drained and thats it.a cold sore is reactivation of herpes virus (not the genital type) that is usually dormant in the facial nerve. you can shorten the infection with valtrex but there’s no draining it. they will re-occur from time to time. often during stressful times.
- What’s the difference between a boil and a pimple?
- Q: I say a boil is more like a blood bump, my friend says its just a huge pimple. What is the right answer?
- A: A boil is a staphylococcus skin infection characterized by an inflamed nodular swelling filled with pus, located at the site of a hair follicle. It will be painful and can last up to a week, it will eventually form a white cap and rupture.A pimple is a small swelling of the skin, usually caused by acne; a papule or pustule.