What would cause a bump on my ear where my earring would go
A:This is likely to be a tunnel abscess that formed. A titanium or platinum stud would be the best choice for further healing. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-would-cause-a-bump-on-my-ear-where-my-earring-would-go ]
More Answers to “What would cause a bump on my ear where my earring would go“
- What would cause a bump on my ear where my earring would go?
- This is likely to be a tunnel abscess that formed. A titanium or platinum stud would be the best choice for further healing.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Small bump on the back of my ear lobe, I have a piercing?
- Q: Ok, I pierced my ears, and they are now in the 6 months phase where I’m allowed to only wear post type earrings, I bought post earrings from Claire’s and I put them on and told myself if I feel any reaction I would take them out, I felt no reaction except what I normally felt from the beginning of my piercing when I would push my earring back and forth my left ear always felt a slight pain only when I would push it, so I though that’s normal cause I just pierced them, I was feeling around my left ear and behind it I could feel a small bump, so I removed my earring and cut my ear in the process, I wasn’t bleeding a lot I just saw dots of blood on my cotton ball, I saw a lot of build up of puss on my earring, and the back of my earring was no longer silver it was blue, and so I’m allergic to it, I then clean my ears with anti-septic and put in my stainless steel earrings that never turned any color. My right ear is totally fine and had no reaction to the earring. Will this bump go away now that I did all of this? This happened today. Will this bump get larger? How can I tell if it’s a keloid or a cyst? The bump is soft like my skin, and it resembles the front of my ears that I pierced and left and it closed up and turned into a scar. I don’t have insurance, so I can’t go to the doctor.
- A: its a calcium deposit. I have them and i’ve had my ears pierced for years. no worries [= If it gets worse, let a doctor have a look at it.
- Ear Piercing Question…?!?
- Q: I got my ears pierced when I was a kid. My left ear got infected and I had to let them grow up. Now, I have a small hard bump in the left lobe. It is about the size of a small ball on a stud earring. It has been in there for about 10 yrs, and sometimes hurts to squeeze it. It doesn’t hurt that bad though and I have had no other problems with it.My question is this: What is it? Can I get my ears pierced again with that knot in there? Will it cause more problems if I DO get my ear re-pierced? Will it hurt to have that bump re-pierced, (it right the center of my lobe where the stud would go), since it is sore sometimes when I squeeze it? Has anyone else had this problem….did you have it re-pierced?TY Everyone, Ahead of time, for your help!!If I go right above the knot, will it hurt the existing knot or make my whole lobe worse? The knot is small.Here is a pic the bump…http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w241/dixonfam/hgdhdgh.jpg
- A: It’s simply just a small scar tissue build up from what you have told me. The same thing happened to me, and I recommend not trying to re-pierce it, it will hurt, and may become infected more. You can pierce your ear somewhere higher up or lower. It’s what I had to do.