When CAN I start brushing my teeth after wisdom teeth extraction
Starting the day after surgery, you can brush the teeth next to the extraction site. Do this gently because there is a risk of tearing the tissue that has just been sutured. Stay on your teeth only-don’t brush your gums as you may be used to doing. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/when-can-i-start-brushing-my-teeth-after-wisdom-teeth-extraction ]
More Answers to “When CAN I start brushing my teeth after wisdom teeth extraction“
- When CAN I start brushing my teeth after wisdom teeth extraction?
- Starting the day after surgery, you can brush the teeth next to the extraction site. Do this gently because there is a risk of tearing the tissue that has just been sutured. Stay on your teeth only-don’t brush your gums as you may be used t…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- When can i start brushing my teeth after wisdom tooth extraction?
- A: I had my wisdom teeth removed surgically and wasn’t allowed to brush all my teeth for about 2 weeks. I could only gargle with salt water and brush the front teeth. I also couldn’t fit a toothbrush in my mouth because my gums/jaw were so swollen. Check with your dentist/doctor.
- eating/brushing teeth after wisdom teeth extraction?
- Q: hi, so i got my wisdom teeth out 2 days ago (i got only 2 bottom ones out). i need some help from you guys that had them out/remember this. obviously, its hard to eat and brush your teeth after having them out. as for eating, i can open my mouth nearly normal size w/o too much pain, but i still feel i can only eat foods that go down my throat, like mashed potatoes. how many days do you not want any food at all, even very soft foods like those, on top of the bottom areas where i had the extraction? its dangerous to have any food, even soft, on top of that area while healing, right, but how long did it take you/how do you know when you can eat harder foods? also, when did you start brushing your teeth normally afterwards? it wasnt easy the 1st 2 days. the 1st day, youre not supposed to brush it at all. 2nd day, i was only able to floss. how many days afterwards can you normally brush it? i’m afraid if i dont brush it soon, i will get cavities. thanks for helping me, sorry so many ?s!
- A: I had mine out years ago, but I think the doctor advised a week. Basically, you eat soft food until the pain goes away. Pain is your best guide – if it hurts to chew on the area (and it may still be tender long after a week), then don’t. It is still safe to eat, but stick to the soft diet until the swelling goes down, and rinse out your mouth to keep the area clean.
- When can you start to use Listerine Mouth Wash after Wisdom tooth extraction?
- Q: Recently I got one of my wisdom teeth removed and it went very well. Very little blood and no pain at all. The dentist did a good job. But there was a big hole after the extraction. I got it done early in the afternoon and brushed my teeth late at night after eating pasta. I have been avoiding to touch the area that my wisdom tooth was at (either brushing or eating). I hasn’t been using mouth wash for a while and was wondering. Does anyone know when can I start to use the Listerine Mouth Wash? Thanks
- A: u can use ur ,mouthwash one week after extracion bt not before that because before one week it can damage ur bllod clot and delay healingbt after one week ur blood clot will not be damaged and u can use ur mouthwash thanxxxxx