Why would someone need a catheter
If someone has had surgery where they aren’t able to get up and around, a catheter allows your bladder to be emptied. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-would-someone-need-a-catheter ]
More Answers to “Why would someone need a catheter“
- Why would someone need a catheter
- If someone has had surgery where they aren’t able to get up and around, a catheter allows your bladder to be emptied.
- How often does someone need to have the catheter replaced??
- We have replaced the catheter in seven of the last 1,000 cases.
- Why would someone need to use catheters outside of a hospital??
- Persons with spinal cord anomalies from birth defects like myelomeningocele, or spinal cord injury suffer from a “neurogenic bladder” whereby the bladder does not empty completely. This condition leads to infection. So they are ta…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why would someone need to use catheters outside of a hospital?
- A: Persons with spinal cord anomalies from birth defects like myelomeningocele, or spinal cord injury suffer from a “neurogenic bladder” whereby the bladder does not empty completely. This condition leads to infection. So they are taught to do intermittent catheterization, a procedure they perform several times a day.Intermittent catheterization is often preferable to an indwelling catheter.
- Why Can’t I Vote For Obama?
- Q: I got the following in an email. If Huntley Brown is out there, did you write it? “Why I Can’t Vote For Obama”, By Huntley Brown Dear Friends, A few months ago I was asked for my perspective on Obama, I sent out an email with a few points. With the election just around the corner I decided to complete my perspective. Those of you on my e-list have seen some of this before but it’s worth repeating.. First I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him. Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness. I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means He leads, I follow. I can’t dictate the terms. He does because He is the leader. I can’t vote black because I am black. I have to vote Christian because that’s who I am. Christian first, black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I won’t be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted Him as Lord and Savior. In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning to name a few, wrong economic concerns will soon not matter. We need to follow Martin Luther King’s words, don’t judge someone by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I don’t know Obama so all I can go off is his voting record. His voting record earned him the title of the most liberal senator in the US Senate in 2007. NATIONAL JOURNAL: Obama: Most Liberal Senator in 2007 (01/31/2008) To beat Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton as the most liberal senator, takes some doing. Obama accomplished this feat in 2 short years. I wonder what would happen to America if he had four years to work with. There is a reason planned parenthood gives him a 100% rating. There is a reason the homosexual community supports him. There is a reason Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas etc. Love him. There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the Supreme Court. There is a reason he voted against the infanticide bill. There is a reason he voted No on the constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. There is a reason he voted No on banning partial birth abortion. There is a reason he voted No on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito. These two judges are conservatives and they have since overturned partial birth abortion. The same practice Obama wanted to continue. Lets take a look at the practice he wanted to continue. The 5 Step Partial Birth Abortion procedure: A. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby’s leg with forceps. (Remember this is a live baby) B. The baby’s leg is pulled out into the birth canal. C. The abortionist delivers the baby’s entire body, except for the head. D. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby’s skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the hole. E. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child’s brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed. God help him. There is a reason Obama opposed the parental notification law. Think about this: you can’t give a kid an aspirin without parental notification but that same kid can have an abortion without parental notification. This is insane. There is a reason he went to Jeremiah Wright’s church for 20 years. Obama tells us he has good judgment but he sat under Jeremiah Wright teaching for 20 years. Now he is condemning Wright’s sermons. I wonder why now? Obama said Jeremiah Wright led him to the Lord and discipled him. A disciple is one in training. Jesus told us in Matthew 28:19 – 20 “Go and make disciples of all nations.” This means reproduce yourself. Teach people to think like you, walk like you, talk like you believe what you believe etc. The question I have is what did Jeremiah Wright teach him? Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenets that said they have a 1. Commitment to the White Community 2. Commitment to the White Family 3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic 4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community . 5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions 6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System 7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System. Would you support a President who went to a church like that? Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama’s former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside.
- A: You can vote for whoever you want.
- WHY ARE WE AGAINST THE HPV VACCINE???
- Q: I don’t know that is a little different not to want to talk to you about those things. I can tell you 100% I will def get my daughter that shot. I think it is so awesome that they have it. I had cervical dysplasia it was a pre-cancer at 22 years old. I had only been married a few months. I had CIN 3 high grade, so it required them to take off a lot of the cells on my cervix. Then my Dr. had me get pap smear every 3 months. I was OK for a year and a half, then again it was abnormal. Again I had more cells removed. Same thing pap smear every 3 months. I am now 28 and have cervical cancer, I want a baby so bad, so I am pressing my luck and trying to have a baby (I have talked to my Dr. and they are OK with my decision.) I have 1 year to be to conceive a child, if it dose not happen then I must have a hysterectomy to keep it from spreading. The down fall is I can not conceive on my own due to all the scar tissue on my cervix. So I am doing what is called IUI. It is very hard for them to get the catheter pass my cervix, I also can no longer have a pap at the Dr. office. I have to go to the hospital and they give me a liquid valium to do one from all the scarring they have to go around the nerve to get cells. My doctors have also given me the more disappointing news that even if I do conceive a child, I will stay on bed rest the whole time and there is a good chance that my cervix is not strong enough to hold the baby in, even with a cerclage. So my chances of a baby are very, very, very slim. I am telling you all of this so more people will look past the few side effects and look at the benefits of not having a life of hell b/c they choose not to have a vaccine!! I am no different than any other person. This can happen to anyone, your daughter, your sister, your mother, your aunt. I was hit with a lot of misfortunes and just ask, why could this vaccine not have been there when I was young? If it had been I would not have any of life’s challenges that I am having now. So please tell your mother that it could not only help you in the future, it could be life saving. It is not about wanting to be sexually active; it is about YOUR future. If your mother is still not OK with it then you can just wait. The best time is to get it now, but if you must wait 18 you can decide on your own. And they do still give it at 18. There are over 100 strains of HPV and 90% of women age 40 have at least 1 strain. Any one that has been sexually active has been exposed. THIS IS SUCH A SIMPLE TASK THAT MAY CAUSE A COUPLE MOLE HILLS BUT IT WILL SAVE YOU FROM CLIMBING MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!… People also need the facts before they give you the information about deaths occasionally, fainting has been noted when the vaccine has been given, thus vaccine recipients should lie down for 15 minutes after getting the vaccine. Only three reports of deaths were noted following HPV vaccination. These deaths were due to heart problems and/or blood clotting after receiving Gardasil and were most likely not related to the vaccine. That is on several Websites like http://www.netwellness.org/healthtopics/…There are web sites that are against the vaccine. And it will tell you 20-25 girls have died. Look at more web sites. One girl died and it was 3 weeks after the vaccine. The autopsy report finally states cause of death= blunt trauma to the head… People die all the time in the world, so if someone wants to state it is HPV shot, where the proof to back it up is. Studies show that a healthy girl with no heart defects or allergies to yeast has a less than 1/100,000 chance of severe effects from the vaccine. Meaning your chances are higher to be in a car accident and die.. If you want to take the chance of never letting your daughter experience the joy of birth, then don’t get it. This question is not for the people that are against ALL vaccines for religious reasons! I just posted this as an answer for someone’s question and realized how many people see it as the wrong thing to do!!Sorry it is so long=)
- A: I am pro any vaccination available for anything. My sister just had stage 3 pre-cancer cells removed from her cervix after an abnormal pap swear.I work on the “better to be safe than sorry” method. If by chance this means my children end up with a rare reaction, then of course I would be upset, but the chances are more likely they would end up with the disease/vitus itself.