Can birth control pills alter the result of a pregnancy test
Pregnancy tests do not affect the results of home pregnancy tests. Got Questions? Ask ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-birth-control-pills-alter-the-result-of-a-pregnancy-test ]
More Answers to “Can birth control pills alter the result of a pregnancy test“
- Will a pregnancy test be accurate if you’re taking the birth cont…?
- You can get accurate results from a pregnancy test while you’re on the pill. Pregnancy tests work by measuring a specific pregnancy-related hormone — human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) — in your blood or urine. The active ingredients in bir…
- Do oral contraceptives/birth control pills interfere with home pr…?
- No. One should get an accurate result on oral contraceptives. The hormones in the pill do not cause a false positive or a false negative result.
- Can Birth Control Pills Affect Pregnancy Test?
- No, birth control pills do not affect pregnancy test. These pills contain synthetic forms of the female hormones. Pregnancy is detected by another hormone called hCG in a pregnancy test. These pill does not affect the hCG levels in either f…