How do I conceive twins
Clomid, hereditary, over the age of 30, being of taller statue, and having already had many children increases your chances. More? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-i-conceive-twins ]
More Answers to “How do I conceive twins“
- I think it has to be in the blood line or to see a fertilty specialist. == answer == Older, well-nourished, fertile women are more likely to have fraternal twins naturally. There is nothing that can increase your cances of identical twins. …
- The chances of conceiving twins naturally are really not that high. Twins do seem to run in some families which is a trait that would be passed down from mother to daughter. In this day and age most twins and multiples are conceived with th…
- So you want to know how to conceive twins, naturally? Babies are a joy, and twins are twice the fun, at least according to many twin parents and twin siblings. For parents who have always wanted… Tags: acid twins yam cassava
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the best way to conceive twins?
- Q: I’ve wanted twins since I was a very little girl, and I don’t want to get pregnant unless I have twins. Is there some way I can know if I can conceive twins?Twins in my family skip three generations, and I am the third generation. I guess that’s why I’m so bent on having twins.What is ttc?
- A: yams and lots of em for up to 2 years before ttc and just keep eating them .. there is a tribe that’s main staple diet is yams and they have 80% twins.. good luck .. No one is quite sure why, but the Yoruba tribe in West Africa has the highest rate of twinning in the world. A study concluded that the mother’s diet was the cause, being high in cassava, a type of yam or sweet potato. The peelings of this vegetable are thought to contain a chemical that causes hyperovulation. In addition, a 2006 study found that women who consume dairy are five times as likely to have twins.1) Have a HistoryDo twins run in your family? If you have a mother, brother, sister, uncle or long lost cousin with multiples, you may wonder if you’ll have them too. Sometimes twinning is hereditary, it’s true. However, only fraternal (dizygotic twins are influenced by heredity, and then only in some cases. If your mother or maternal grandmother was or had fraternal twins, you might have inherited a gene for hyperovulation, increasing your chances of conceiving twins also. Grow or Gain WeightA recent study published by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology correlates the rise in multiple birth rates with rising rates of obesity. Research found that mothers with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 or higer were significantly more likely to have twins. Again, this statistic only holds true for fraternal (dizygotic) twins. The research also showed that women of above-average height were also more likely to have multiples.3) Wait Until You’re OlderOlder mothers are more likely to conceive twins than their younger counterparts. It’s thought that the body accelerates ovulation as the biological clock starts ticking faster. Seventeen percent of mothers over age 45 have multiples. Wait five more years and the odds rise to one in nine!4) Have More TwinsOnce you have had a multiple pregnancy, you are significantly more likely to conceive — and deliver — twins again! Some estimates suggest that mothers of twins are four times more likely to have twins again than a woman who has never been pregnant, or who only had a singleton.6) Seek Fertility AssistanceReproductive technology has dramatically increased the multiple birth rate. Drugs that stimualate ovulation can lead to a multiple pregnancy, but multiples can also result from invitro fertilization. It’s not just that multiple embryos are implanted in the mother, but there is also an unexplained increase in the number of monozygotic twins among IVF patients. No ethical doctor would provide treatment if it wasn’t warranted, so fertility assistance should only be sought out when necessary.7) Have A Big FamilyThe more kids you have, the more likely you are to conceive twins in a subsequent pregnancy. No one knows the magic limit that triggers a multiple pregnancy, so you’ll just have to keep trying until it happens.Most people think that you can’t get pregnant while breastfeeding, that the process of lactating keeps a woman from ovulating. However, plenty of mothers of twins can disprove that theory. Some research has supported the theory that the chance of twins or multiples is increased if a woman conceives while breastfeeding9) Get Pregnant On the PillBirth control pills are usually thought to be 99.9 percent effective at preventing pregnancy. However, that .01 percent often results in a double whammy — multiples. Sometimes pregnancy occurs when the pill isn’t taken consistently; in other cases, the hormonal mix of a particular drug type simply doesn’t provide enough coverage to completely prevent ovulation. In either case, playing around with hormones can lead to hyperovulation, increasing the chances of multiples.10) Just Get Lucky!Many parents of multiples don’t meet any of the classic criteria, yet find themselves doubly blessed. Monozygotic twins are particularly mysterious; no one is exactly certain what causes an egg to split after conception, producing identical twins. The bottom line is that there truly isn’t a whole lot an individual can do to influence their chances of having twins; sometimes you just get lucky!
- How likely is it to conceive twins after a previous twins miscarriage?
- Q: We recently had a miscarriage in April 2007…how likely is it to conceive another set of twins? We’re about 6wks prego now. I’m 24yo and so is my husband. We have a 4 1/2 yo son now. There are no twins in our family. My mom and her sister have been pregnant with twins twice, but unfortunately lost their babies every time.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you all!
- A: twins run on my mothers side of the family, but only one auntie of hers has them. I have 3 sets of twins, all in a row. No fertility treatments of any kind. My last set of twins were origionally triplets but I lost one in the beginning. So although not common, possible!! Some women, like me I guess, release 2 eggs a cycle instead of one. Not every cycle…but more often than regular women. Congrats!Oh, I read a statistic that says if you have twins, or are pregnant with twins before the age of 25, your chances of having another twin pregnancy if you fall pregnant again before 25, are much higher. I’m 28.
- What is the smallest that a person can be to conceive twins that are healthy?
- Q: Is there a limit to the size a women can be to conceive twins?
- A: Haven’t you seen Little People Big World..