Is acid reflux an early sign of pregnancy
Acid reflux is a side effect when pregnant, however, that doesn’t mean it’s a sign of pregnancy, because there are many causes. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-acid-reflux-an-early-sign-of-pregnancy ]
More Answers to “Is acid reflux an early sign of pregnancy“
- Is acid reflux/heartburn an early sign of pregnancy??
- go to http://www.peeonastick.com to read about when to take a test…..Good luck Pregnancy Symptoms — Early Signs of Pregnancy Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy; however, one of the most significant pr…
- Can acid reflux be an early sign of pregnancy rather than just in…?
- Yes, my acid reflux started before I could even confirm my pregnancy with a test. I thought I was having a heart attack it was so bad. I asked my Dr bc I too thought you didn’t get acid reflux until later on. But she said that the hormones …
- Could this acid reflux I’m getting right now be a super early pre…?
- Acid reflux and heart burn are more typical further along in pregnancy, not usually an early symptom. Pregnant women get heart burn more commonly when the uterus is expanding to make room for the growing baby and begins to press against the…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is acid reflux/heartburn an early sign of pregnancy?
- Q: Has anyone had acid reflux/heartburn in early pregnancy? I had it when I was first pregnant (never had it before), miscarried, and now I am having it again and think I might be pregnant again. I took one test-negative, but I think I might be too early too test.
- A: go to http://www.peeonastick.com to read about when to take a test…..Good luckPregnancy Symptoms — Early Signs of Pregnancy Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy; however, one of the most significant pregnancy symptoms is a delayed or missed menstrual cycle. Understanding pregnancy symptoms is important because each symptom may be related to something other than pregnancy. Some women experience pregnancy symptoms within a week of conception. For other women, symptoms may develop over a few weeks or may not be present at all. Below is a listing of some of the most common pregnancy symptoms.Implantation Bleeding:Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping. Other Explanations: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.Delay/Difference in Menstruation:A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period. This symptom is commonly explained by other reasons. If you have been sexually active and have missed a period, it is recommended that you take a test: Order my pregnancy testOther Explanations: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.Swollen/Tender Breasts:Swollen or tender breasts is a pregnancy symptom which may begin as early as 1-2 weeks after conception. Women may notice changes in their breasts; they may be tender to the touch, sore, or swollen. Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, impending menstruation (PMS) can also cause your breasts to be swollen or tender.Fatigue/Tiredness:Feeling fatigued or more tired is a pregnancy symptom which can also start as early as the first week after conception. Other Explanations: Stress, exhaustion, depression, common cold or flu, or other illnesses can also leave you feeling tired or fatigued.Nausea/Morning Sickness:This well-known pregnancy symptom will often show up between 2-8 weeks after conception. Some women are fortunate to not deal with morning sickness at all, while others will feel nauseous throughout most of their pregnancy. Other Explanations: Food poisoning, stress, or other stomach disorders can also cause you to feel queasy.Backaches:Lower backaches may be a symptom that occurs early in pregnancy; however, it is common to experience a dull backache throughout an entire pregnancy. Other Explanations: Impending menstruation, stress, other back problems, and physical or mental strains.Headaches:The sudden rise of hormones in your body can cause you to have headaches early in pregnancy. Other Explanations: Dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, impending menstruation, eye strain, or other ailments can be the source of frequent or chronic headaches.Frequent Urination:Around 6-8 weeks after conception, you may find yourself making a few extra trips to the bathroom. Other Explanations: Urinary tract infection, diabetes, increasing liquid intake, or taking excessive diuretics.Darkening of Areolas:If you are pregnant, the skin around your nipples may get darker. Other Explanations: Hormonal imbalance unrelated to pregnancy or may be a leftover effect from a previous pregnancy.Food Cravings:While you may not have a strong desire to eat pickles and ice cream, many women will feel cravings for certain foods when they are pregnant. This can last throughout your entire pregnancy. Other Explanations: Poor diet, lack of a certain nutrient, stress, depression, or impending menstruation.
- can acid reflux be an early sign of pregnancy rather than just in late pregnancy?
- Q: ive been burping so much and sometimes cant even burp because something’s coming up, either that or i throw up in my mouth when i hiccup or burp, everytime.its getting really annoying!
- A: Yes, my acid reflux started before I could even confirm my pregnancy with a test. I thought I was having a heart attack it was so bad. I asked my Dr bc I too thought you didn’t get acid reflux until later on. But she said that the hormones you produce when pregnant can cause digestive upset and acid reflux very early on. Take some Maalox advance or Tums. See if that helps.But acid reflux isn’t really a sign of pregnancy. You can get heartburn for many reasons. The only way to know is by taking a test.
- Could this acid reflux I’m getting right now be a super early pregnancy sign?
- Q: I have never felt this way before, but the gas in my upper chest and throat appears to be acid reflux. I was on antibiotics last week and had sex where my fiance “pulled out” on Wednesday of last week. I am 21, could I already be experiencing a pregnancy sign with this heart burn and acid reflux or is it not possible to experience signs like that one week after unprotected sex?
- A: I’m not sure…I’m 8 weeks pregnant with my first child and that has never happend to me…but everyone gets different symptoms.My first ones were sore breasts and headaches.