What is a test tube baby
A “test tube baby” is a baby that is conceived through in-vitro fertilization which is outside of the womb. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-test-tube-baby ]
More Answers to “What is a test tube baby“
- test tube baby corelation to virgin birth. In-vitro fertilization (IVF) or laboratory fertilization or test tube fertilization involves fertilization of an egg outside the womb be artificial means. The baby formed by IVF method is called te…
- its when an egg taken from a woman and sperm taken from a man are put into a dish or “test tube” and incubated to make an embryo then the embryo is implanted into the woman
- The term ‘test tube baby’ can be used to refer to children conceived through IVF treatment, though this term is relatively outdated and seldom used.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do you pick the smartest sperm for the test tube baby since sperms do not have the same genetic makeup?
- Q: sperms from 1 host are difference. Some people actual think that only the best sperm will fertilize the egg. In the test tube baby case, the sperms do not need to compete and doctors just pick any healthy sperm for the fertilization. How do they know that they pick the smartest sperm? Test tube baby may end up to be very healthy but may also be very dumb.
- A: There is no way to pick intelligent sperm. When a scientist is doing ICSI (intracytoplasmic spermatazoa insemination), where they have to pick out a single sperm and inject it directly into the egg, they have no choice but to pick out a ‘normal’ looking one (that is swimming fast and in a straight line ideally). Only when an embryo has formed are they able to do some kinds of genetic testing (whether the embryo is carrying certain diseases etc., but not for intelligence).
- Louise, the first “test-tube baby,” was born in 1978. How do you think it would feel to be the?
- Q: Louise, the first “test-tube baby,” was born in 1978. How do you think it would feel to be the first baby conceived by IVF? Do you think it has had an effect on her life?
- A: Honestly, I think it would be weird. As if nothing you did in your life could measure up to the unique way in which you were conceived.
- how much it cost to form a test tube baby? is there any way to increase fertile egg?
- Q: i m married since one year before, not yet conceived. checked up with doctor. no problem with my uterus. some problem in producing enough level of fertile egg. what shall i do? shall i go for test tube baby? plz suggest me?
- A: Your husband needs to be checked as well, the problem may be with himWe are trying to conceive our second child and having no luck. We already have one son but he was a real miracle, conceived against all the odds. Tests showed that I was OK but my hubby had a very low sperm count – he had an injury to his groin when he was a teenager whilst playing rugby, it developed into a hernia and he had to have an op on it, and its left scar tissue which interferes with his sperm production. Normal sperm count is supposed to be something like 25,000 per ml (most men have 50,000 or more) and he has 12,000 per ml.The Dr told us that we wouldn’t be able to have kids naturally but then we managed it! It was a true miracle.However, we’re unlikely to be able to do it naturally again and so have to try and save up for IVF treatment. In the UK is costs about £4,000 – £8,000 (gonna take us ages to save that up).Get your husband to go to the doctor.Good luck!