What is an ovulation test
An ovulation test tests for the luteinizing hormone, which surges on your most fertile days. It can be used to conceive. ChaCha [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-an-ovulation-test ]
More Answers to “What is an ovulation test“
- Ovulation Tests or Ovulation Predictor Kits allow you to predict ovulation, your most fertile time of the month. Easy to use, these ovulation tests are excellent tools for predicting ovulation and can greatly increase your chances of becomi…
- An ovulation test predicts the day you’re most able to become pregnant by detecting a hormone surge in your urine. This surge usually occurs 24-36 hours before ovulation (when the egg is released from the ovary and can be fertilized) I had …
- As we mentioned in previous articles, infertility is defined as inability of a couple to conceive after 12 months of unprotected sexual intercourse or can not carry the pregnancy to term. It effects over 5 millions couple alone in the U. S….
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What happens when you take an ovulation test, and are pregnant?
- Q: Not trying to take an ovulation test instead of a pregnancy test, just wondering if it would show a false positive that you are ovulating or not? Sticks say i’ve been ovulating longer than i should have been.
- A: I’ve read that they come out positive if your pregnant.http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html
- Can already being pregnant affect an Ovulation Test?
- Q: I have been taking an at-home ovulation test for the last few weeks to determine when i will ovulated. After a few days, it said i was ovulated, and we tried to conceive.However, a few weeks later, we started using the ovuation kits again just it case i didnt get pregnant the first time. Every ovulation kit then said i was ovulating! I dont think its possible to ovulate that much, lol. Couldi already be pregnant? And if i am, would that account for a false positive on an ovulation test?
- A: Yes, you could already be pregnant. Read this article about ovulation, http://www.ohboyorgirl.com/Ovulation and use the ovulation calculator to help you predict when your ovulation might have happened.
- What if you are getting all the signs of ovulation but when you take an ovulation test it comes back negative?
- Q: I have the egg white discharge, i have been tracking my basal temperature and my period was about 2 weeks ago. I took an ovulation test last night but it was negative. Could the test be wrong?
- A: Yes it could be wrong because of your basal temp,but then it could right because I just found out from my ob/gyn that changes in you discharge doesn’t always mean your ovulating try taking another one and if you get them same results you should make an appointment with your doctor to find out whats going on.Good Luck!