Can depression lead to high blood pressure
Depression can put the body on constant alert, which places a strain on many organ systems and could cause high blood pressure. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-depression-lead-to-high-blood-pressure ]
More Answers to “Can depression lead to high blood pressure“
- Can depression lead to high blood pressure
- Depression can put the body on constant alert, which places a strain on many organ systems and could cause high blood pressure.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can depression really lead to memory loss?
- Q: My auntie has been missing and one of the possible factors for her being gone may be memory loss. She told us she was going to go to the clinic and they had told us that her blood pressure was really high. She hasn’t come back since and we want to know if her situation connects with memory loss. any comments will do about what depression can lead to or the causes of memory loss for a mid 50 year old woman
- A: in depression memory loss is common as person is not able to concentrate, another thing is if she is taking any banzodiazepam group of durgs that also causes memory losss, it is less likely to have alzaimer’s disease at this age
- hi guys, could you check the grammar of my essay about obesity and if it need some change or not ?
- Q: Obesity is been talked about for generations and the media never leaves a chance without talking about it. Obesity is defined as having a body weight more than 30 percent above the normal body weight. It also can be defined as a condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to an extent that health may be negatively affected. There are several main causes of obesity which include poor food choice, lack of exercise and lack of awareness. The first cause of the obesity is poor food choice. We all live in a society where rich in materials of palatable fast food, drinks, snacks and everything. In fact the performance of the excessive food intake and irrational dietary pattern, they are not recognize all that have been choose contain in high fat, cholesterol and carbohydrates . These will converted into body fat and bring out obese problems. Obesity can lead to many serious health problems such as diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease. Many people’s lifestyles may be their reasoning for turning to such things. To stay healthy, we need to develop a good eating habit. Secondly, the causes of obesity also related with the lack of exercise where the people are more leisure these days which they prefer to watch television and playing video games rather then go out for a walk or to a gym. When the person is overweight they will find themselves hard to exercise which in turn can lead the person increased eating. Regular exercise burn more calories, reduce appetite and change body composition. That’s why we need to incorporate more activity and exercise into our life to make sure we live in a healthier lifestyle.Last but not least, obesity is caused by lack of awareness among parents. Due to modern living lifestyle, people tend to forget to take care of their health. Nowadays people may order food just by phone; the food comes to our door. Thus, these situations make people lazier and they do not concern about their eating habit. Parents also tend to allow their children eating any food without taking care of their diet and nutritious. As a consequence, overweight and obese kids are at risk for developing medical problems that affect their present and future health and quality of life such as obstructive health while the quality of life such as increase the chances of developing asthma, depression and cardiovascular disease.As a conclusion, being obese is not beneficial at all, it’s not only change the shape of your body but it also will cause yourself being stuck in many health problem such as diabetes , heart disease , blood pressure, depression, obstructive sleep apnea, cardiovascular and others diseases . In order to deal with this problem we need to develop a good eating habit such as avoid eating too much food that contains big amount of fat and calories, make exercise daily as well as being aware of the diseases that can affect the obese person.Thanks in advance 🙂
- A: these will GET converted into body fat……..cardiovascular dieseasESMany ppl’s lifestyles may be the reason for turning into such things…When the person is overweight they will find themselves hard to exercise which in REturn…..exercise (cut the into our life..) make sure we live in a healthier lifestyle.Parents also tend to allow their children TO EAT any food without taking care of their diet and nutritIENTS..that’s about it i guess….but re check again.Good luck with ur essay 🙂
- Is any of this true about how good bananas are??
- Q: Never, put your banana in the refrigerator!!! This is interesting. After reading this, you’ll never look at a banana in the same way again. Bananas contain three natural sugars – sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber. A banana gives an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world’s leading athletes. But energy isn’t the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet. Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier. PMS: Forget the pills – eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood. Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia. Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit’s ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke. Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert. Constipation: High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives. Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system. Heartburn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief. Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness. Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation. Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system. Overweight and at work? Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at wor k leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and crisps. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every two hours to keep levels steady. Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach. Temperature control: Many other cultures see bananas as a “cooling” fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand , for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer tryptophan. Smoking &Tobacco Use: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal. Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body’s water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack. Strokes: According to research in The New England Journal of Medicine, eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%! Warts: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that if you want to kill off a wart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape! So, a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around So maybe its time to change that well-known phrase so that we say, “A banana a day keeps the doctor away!” PASS IT ON TO YOUR FRIENDS PS: Bananas must be the reason monkeys are so happy all the time! I will add one here; want a quick shine on our shoes?? Take the INSIDE of the banana skin, and rub directly on the shoe…polish with dry cloth. Amazing fruit !
- A: i shall start eating a banana a day from tomorrow