What are some things that can cause an irregular heart beat
There are multiple things that can cause an irregular heartbeat such as;Underlying heart disease/Heart valve problems/Thyroid*MORE [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-some-things-that-can-cause-an-irregular-heart-beat ]
More Answers to “What are some things that can cause an irregular heart beat“
- Is a heart murmur the same thing as an irregular heart beat??
- No. A murmur is a sound generated by blood flowing through your heart, generally an abnormal part of your heart. An irregular heart beat or skipped beat is an alteration in the cadence of your heart beat which is normally very regular at ab…
- Is having an irregular heart beat a bad thing?
- If you are young, then no. These are call palpitations and you can go to WebMd.com and type in this term and read up on these. They are often caused by external factors and once you remove the cause, they go away. These do not cause any pro…
- Is a heart murmur and irregular heart beat the same thing?
- A heart murmur is an extra or unusual sound heard during a heartbeat, but an irregular heart beat is where your heart doesn’t beat the normal amount of times. Thanks!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Heart beat issues and uncomfortable?
- Q: For about 2 years now I have had issues with my heart. I am 19 and a male. I always feel concerned about my heart. It use to beat irregularlly, but now I think it beats normal for some reason. I went to a doctor for this and they did all kinds of tests and asked me questions and said that everything looked alright and that it was probably just pubirty and he cleared up the issues of why sometimes my heart will randomly beat really hard a single time. Recently when I take a deep breath in my heart will beat really hard once where I can notice it, most of the time while laying down. My chest feels really uncomfortable sometimes. About 2-3 times now my heart randomly started beating very fast as if I were running although I was sitting still, but it went away after about 30 seconds. Also while doing and in house excersise I got a sharp pain in my chest that lasted no more than 1 second. Are any of these issues serious? Could this be because of the deoderant im wearing? I dont take any medication although I did take concerta years ago for ADHD which I was actually sent a letter about how the drug was found to cause irregular heart beats. I tend to freak out about little things like if my side hurts or something I worry that its my appendix. Am I over reacting and getting myself worked up or what?
- A: Dont worry. I get that as well. What do you think about? Sometimes if it’s about sex or a person you love you get a fast heart rate. I’m not honestly sure about the random sharp pain. I always get that and just like you I feel it’s my appendix. But I’m a very passive person, so I dont mind. And deep breaths produce more oxygen. And blood has a lot of oxygen, and you get your blood flowing more so your heart beats faster. You will get used to this someday.Maybe you should stop taking deep breaths if it’s uncomfortable.
- Can anyone help me figure out what’s wrong based on these symptoms?
- Q: My whole life I’ve had stomach problems. When I was 11 I was diagnosed with an ulcer and even had an Upper GI done. Often (1-3x a week) before going to bed I feel nauseous. Usually I take Pepito bismol and sleep it off feeling better the next day. Sometimes I have flair ups where it hurts longer, but this is the first time it’s gone on this long and that I’ve even had health care to get it taken care of. Well, other symptoms have occurred and because a few tests have come back negative and I have no serious symptoms (vomiting, bleeding.. so on) my Dr. has thrown her hands in the air and basically told me not to see her anymore. I am waiting (and have been for weeks) to see a specialist, but am curious if anyone can help me beforehand.My symptoms:1. Sharp pain in upper to lower abdomen. Coming and going for almost 3 weeks.2. Nausea was ongoing for over two weeks, took some meds to help (zofran) but as of Friday it’s coming and going, with more lean on going.3. Acid burp ups – not daily but often4. Sore/tight throat (may or may not be related)5. Headaches/dizzy (I used to never get them, or rarely, but in the past week or two it’s almost daily)6. Irregular heart beats (or I can feel them often, like it’s pressing out of my chest).Some of these things may or may not be related, the top few are most important to me.I’ve been tested for: Wheat allergies, Gluten allergies, pregnant, lactose problems, given one drug for IBS, and tested for the bacteria that causes ulcers. All negative. My blood pressure is on the low end, but good. I’ve also had an Utra Sound done looking at my Liver, Kidneys, Gall Bladder and Pancreas, all tests showing no problems. After coming back neg. on these tests and still having these problems, my Dr. put me on anti-anxiety meds thinking that it was all psychological (tho else then this, my life is going great), but that didn’t do anything either. Any suggestions or ideas?! Please – after almost three weeks of pain it’s really starting to get old and I’m worried that it’s something major.I have been eating Edamame recently, I’ve been buying the bags and preparing it at home. Can’t recall when it started, but there have been at least 3x I’ve made them.I used to drink soy milk, but gave that up months ago because I don’t like the after taste. I haven’t had tofu in a really long time, and else then Edamame I don’t think I’ve had any other soy products within the last four months.I’ve eaten Edamame a few times in the past (last time in April before I started buying it at home) with no problems back then.
- A: so what do you generally eat then buddy?? that might help us to pinpoint the drama …… it could be soy products causing the digestive distress…… cramping, bloating, constipation, nausea and vomiting, acid reflux, excessive belching, headaches and migraines, heart palpitations, chest pains, irritated throat could all be caused by an inability to assimilate soy …….. ingesting something that you are intolerant to will inhibit your calcium and magnesium absorption ……. amongst others….. and produce symptoms such as you mention.do you eat or drink any soy products??♥ cool, that makes it a lot easier to resolve mate…. check out the following links ~http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/soydangers.htmpeace
- Chest pain worries….?
- Q: I am 20 and ever since I was 6 i have got these random chest pains which hurt when i lay down breath in cough yawn etc. For it to stop it needs to what feels like “pop” And it goes completely, It feels like lightning i my chest or a squeezing on the left side. I hurts alot when i take a deep breath. Even wakes me up itgets that bad. Over the years its getting worse pain wise. I can have these ones a month or 3 times a week its random but causes alot of disconfort.I have been to drs before and have been told its a* heart murmer* irregular heart beat* cartlage between bones the move when you breath.No one really knows!?WOuld be great ifsomeone has a similar thing and can shead some light on this!
- A: I am 22 and I have been getting the same exact pain for years now for as often as you do. I did some research and I am pretty sure it is precordial catch syndrome. This website will help you a lot. http://www.failedsuccess.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/precordial_catch_syndrome_chest_pain/