Can girls be hemopheliac
A:No, only males can become afflicted with hemophilia – and it’s genetic; carried by the maternal genes. ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-girls-be-hemopheliac ]
More Answers to “Can girls be hemopheliac“
- Can girls be hemophiliacs
- No, being a hemophiliac is a blood condition exclusive to males. Thanks for using ChaCha!
- Can girls have haemophilia?
- Females can ‘carry’ the gene responsible for haemophilia and may have some symptoms. These females are called ‘symptomatic carriers’. While it is possible for a female to actually have haemophilia, it is extremely rare. Haemophilia and fema…
- Why do guys get hemophilia and not girls?
- It has to do with the genetic differences between males and females. If the woman only carries it on one X chromosome, she can pass on the condition but does not have it herself as it is a recessive gene and would be dominated by the corr…