Is iron oxide zinc
Zinc is not iron oxide or ferric oxide, ferric iron, hematite, red iron oxide, synthetic maghemite, colcothar, or simply rust-is one of the several oxide compounds of iron, and has paramagnetic properties. Its chemical formula is Fe2O3. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-iron-oxide-zinc ]
More Answers to “Is iron oxide zinc“
- Is iron oxide zinc
- Zinc is not iron oxide or ferric oxide, ferric iron, hematite, red iron oxide, synthetic maghemite, colcothar, or simply rust-is one of the several oxide compounds of iron, and has paramagnetic properties. Its chemical formula is Fe2O3.
- What Is The Symbol Equation For Zinc + Iron Oxide -> Zinc Oxid…?
- Im not 100% sure but in a week i’ll be a 100% sure Anyway the BALANCED equation is: 2Zn + Fe2O3 -> Zn2O3 + 2Fe
- Why the oxide layer of iron cannot protect iron from corrosion li…?
- well an aqeuous ionic substance will speed up the rusting process because, for the most part, they are electrolytes (at least the ones you are talking about anyway). they make it easier for electrons to be conducted from substance to substa…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Which is the most dangerous, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide?
- Q: From the research I’ve been doing, I’d say Titanium Dioxide is the most dangerous? What do you think is the least dangerous in non-micronized form?By the way, when any of those are micronized, they can enter the cell, and potentially cause cancer. Even in sunscreens, many use dimethicone coated micronized titanium dioxide, which is dangerous and carcinogenic.
- A: There’s not really a danger in any of those, unless you breathed in dust comprised of them, and then I think they’re all equally bad.titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are both used in sunscreens, and iron oxide is just rust. I’d feel completely safe handling any quantity of those oxides.I suppose they’re poisonous if you ingest too much of any of them, but the same can be said of almost anything.Your body needs iron and zinc, but I’m not sure it need any titanium.Is there a particular kind of danger you’re talking about?
- What happens when zinc is heated with iron oxide in the absence of air?
- Q: Also could you tell me if it matters when a chemical reaction in or isn’t in air.
- A: In the absence of air, the oxygen from th iron oxide will move from the iron to the zinc, as zinc is more reactive than iron.The product will be iron metal and zinc oxide.If this reaction is attempted in the presence of air, the zinc will react with the oxygen in the air rather than the oxygen in the iron oxide.
- what is the chemical equation for Iron oxide+nitric acid?Help plzzz!?
- Q: Help plzz!=)i know how to write the chemical equation but just can’t seem to balance it…same goes for these tooo>>>~Iron oxide+sulphuric acid=iron sulphate+water~Zinc oxide+nitric acid=Zinc nitrate+waterThanks!
- A: I’m not too sure bout my answer. Can’t really think now.a) FeO + HNO3 = Fe(NO3)2 + H2Ob) FeO + H2SO4 = FeSO4 + H2Oc) ZnO + HNO3 = ZnNo3 + H2OTry google the chem equations above, to make sure that there aint gonna be any mistakes