Pumpkin flavor is the ultimate flavor of fall in the Portland area, so naturally people like to fill their home with this warm, inviting scent throughout the autumn days. Here’s a fun recipe that is simple and delicious.
5 eggs 1 1/4 cup oil 1 15oz can pumpkin pie filling 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 cups sugar 1 5.1oz package of vanilla pudding 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp salt 1 cup chocolate chips
This recipe makes 2 8×4 inch loaves. Preheat the oven to 325F
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add oil and pumpkin, beating until smooth.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
4. Pour the batter into 2 greased 8×4 inch loaf pans.
5. Bake at 325F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
previously posted on examiner.com