What diet should I go on to lose weight
The best way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories and increase your physical activity. Experts suggest aiming for a weight loss goal of about a pound a week. Set Realistic Goals The first step to weight loss is setting a realistic (MORE) [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-diet-should-i-go-on-to-lose-weight ]
More Answers to “What diet should I go on to lose weight“
- Should I go on a 2,000 calorie diet?- can I still lose weight on …?
- I wish I could help, but how old are you, are you male or female and how tall are you? For someone your weight at 175cm and 30 years of age, their basic metabolic rate (BMR) is 2759. If you fit those descriptions, or are close to it, it me…
- Should I go on a diet to lose weight?
- Diets are generally based on calorie restriction which causes loss of muscle tissue as an energy source. This slows the metabolism which causes extra fat gain in the long run term. The storing of fat in the fat cell will increase in concent…
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- My husband wants to lose weight and go on a diet how can I help?
- Q: My husband keeps saying he wants to go on a diet to lose weight, which I encourage what he wants. The thing is he isn’t following a diet. He is depressed about his weight. How can I positively encourage and support him without being pushy, or controlling to help him reach that goal? I would diet with him but I have to keep my weight up or I get underweight. We will be getting access to exercise equipment soon. Any suggestions?
- A: Be supportive and only have food in the house that is conducive his goal. At least once a week tell him that he is looking better and better. Here is more advice:Get Lean with the Magnetic Diet Seven Step PlanCombined with strength conditioning, energization exercises, pranayama life force control and meditation the magnetic diet seven step plan will when followed guarantee that you achieve a low level of body fat in a predetermined period of time. Ultimate leanness is defined as single digit body fat percentages for men and low teen body fat percentages for women. This is the level of body fat necessary if you want to be able to actually see the definition of your abdominal muscles. The magnet diet in combination with the right amount of physical activity will create the necessary calorie deficit to achieve ultimate leanness. The time it takes for you to achieve that will of course depend on how much fat you have to lose.For example, if you currently weigh 200 pounds and are at 23% body fat and your goal is to be at 9% body fat you have about 25 pounds of fat to loose. To loose 25 pounds of fat while maintaining or even gaining muscle should take you approximately 6 to 7 months. You can lose 25 pounds in a much quicker time frame, but will it be 25 pounds of fat? No it will not, remember when you lose weight too quickly much of the weight lost can end up being muscle. And as we learned earlier if you lose muscle you will create the condition for a boomerang weight gain of fat down the road. Now 6 to 7 months may sound like a long time but in reality its not. In our society we want everything quick and easy, but the truth is that nothing worth having comes quick or easy. 6 to 7 months of your life will pass by no matter what you do, you cannot stop time. But by following the magnetic diet seven step success plan the difference will be that 6 to 7 months from the time you start you will have achieved your goal, you will have attained your desired body fat percentage, you will look great and most important of all you will have achieved a very high level of health and vitality. Remember the goal is to lose fat and maintain or even gain muscle so losing the fat slowly is the way. Here is the plan:Step 1. Determine your current body fat percentageGet your body fat measured by a personal trainer or health professional, or purchase Tanita body composition monitor or other similar device.Step 2. Decide on a goal body fat percentage:What’s it going to be 15%, 10%, 5%? They are all achievable, you just have to decide. Once you have decided then calculate the amount of fat that you will have to lose. Take you current body fat percentage minus the goal body fat percentage and convert that to a decimal value add 1 and divide your current weight by that amount. The difference between the result and your current weight is the number of pounds of fat you need to lose. For example a 200 pound person at a 23% body fat who wants to achieve a 9% body fat would do the following: 23 percent minus 9 percent = 14 percent14 percent = .14 .14 +1 = 1.14200 pounds divided by 1.14 = 175 pounds200 – 175 = 25 pounds of fat to loseStep 3.Determine your current resting metabolic rateDetermine your current resting metabolic rate using the formulas on page 112.Step 4.Determine your maximum daily caloric intakeRemember you want to create a calorie per day deficit so maximum daily caloric intake is equal to your resting metabolic rate plus any additional physical activity as measured in calories minus 500 calories.Use this as a tool: http://www.magnetic-diet.com/calc/daily_calorie_calculator.htmStep 5.Adjust the diet using portion sizes and snacksAdjust the portion sizes slightly in the main meals or add or subtract snack portions to get to the maximum daily caloric intake.Step 6 Determine the length of time to achieve your goal The amount of fat you need to lose divided by a pound a week = the number of weeks it will take to achieve your goal.Step 7Follow the Magnetic Diet Seven Day Success Plan Not only will it result in your achieving your goal but it will ensure life long health and vitality. Adjust your caloric intake and activity level as your weight drops. Remember as your body weight drops so do your caloric needs. You must reduce your caloric intake or you will reach a plateau.More info online – Read the book free of charge at:http://www.magnetic-diet.com/book
- What are some common everyday foods that i should cut off of my diet to lose weight?
- Q: Im trying to lose weight and i want to know what are some common everyday foods that have a lot of fat that i should cut off of my diet to lose weight?-And what are some healthy foods to eat?-What are some good healthy drinks with few calories, and fat. – what are good, healthy shakes to make? Thanks for your help! just trying to make a healthier life style for myself.
- A: Have yoou treid the Lil Jack workout? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCGe2EzrisMerry Christmas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73OcXl6Bgyw
- I am very obese and weigh over 400 pounds. Should I go on a 2,000 calorie diet?- can I still lose weight on t?
- Q: Can I lose weight on a 2,000 calorie diet based on a low glycemic index, low fat diet?
- A: On a 2000 calorie diet the only way to lose weight is to expend more than 2000 calories a day through some other means, typically exercise.